Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop Funding Hate - Pathetic!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Just been reading up on this utterly pathetic campaign.
Another bunch of idiotic politically correct morons labelling anything and everything they don't like or disagree with as "HATE" in some crusade against the free speech (and sometimes factually reporting) press!
These are the vocal minority who like to spout off about democracy and freedoms unless of course you dare to have the audacity to disagree with their right on beliefs.
Yet even now..especially this week they still cannot see the damage they do to their argument by thinking that labelling anything they dislike as 'hate' and labelling people who disagree with them as 'racists, bigots, blah blah blah'
These sort of people turned the Brexit vote into labelling war...deciding anyone voting to leave is racist and that they should in some way be morally ashamed......well look what happened there!!
Anyone who thought Trump should win the American election was labelled "Deplorable" and god knows what else....and look what happened there!
Couldn't really give a toss about the yanks election...I disliked both of them equally....however became sick to the back teeth of on a daily basis listening to some luvvie actor/actress/musician spouting off and taking the piss out of Trump because they think it's right on and makes them a 'great guy'!!
Supposedly fighting against 'hate'...or opinions that differ from theirs as we would call it!
However their 'hate' towards any paper they don't like is apparently....ok????

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To be fair to them, the Daily Mail is a disgusting, hate-filled rag with journalistic standards to rival the Argus.

Their front page today was a story about a woman who was "demonised" (their word) because buying formula milk doesn't count towards her getting free parking at Tesco.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm glad people are standing up to the Daily Mail and their hate-mongering.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To be fair to them, the Daily Mail is a disgusting, hate-filled rag with journalistic standards to rival the Argus.

Their front page today was a story about a woman who was "demonised" (their word) because buying formula milk doesn't count towards her getting free parking at Tesco.

Disagree. The Daily Mail is absolutely brilliant at what it does. You may not like what it does, nor do I, but it's a simply fantastic ORGAN.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

That's my world changed then.

Oh - that's right, no it isn't. Who gives a shit? :shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I cannot abide the DM but this is a dangerous action by Lego and also quite uneven:

97a6755d6fe61e886c3e7ff6cd993518.jpg

Now I have no idea who this twitter user is or if he is a racist or a very nice person, but he may well have a point.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just been reading up on this utterly pathetic campaign.
Another bunch of idiotic politically correct morons labelling anything and everything they don't like or disagree with as "HATE"

Pretty fair summary. Not too keen on the Daily Mail either.............................

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Lego, crisps, Gary Lineker and what the f*** is Farage doing in Trump Towers at this very moment. Marie Le Pen and Farage link up rumours. You obviously don't know what hate is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've never funded the Daily Mail, but it seems Lego have been funding them for years. They should be ashamed of themselves.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
interesting that democracy is our right until we vote for something or someone they do not like... i voted out of europe because when we joined it was a simple trading idea not somewhere where rules and laws were made.. so according to some im a racist ignorant tw@t.. im none of these things. I never thought Trump would get in but he did democracy in action. perhaps there are a lot of people out there who feel they are not represented by these liberal luvvies ??

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Mrs V's Mother buys the Daily Mail..... I sometimes try to pick my way through it but it is a genuine struggle. The rants last week referring to the three judges as " Enemies of the people " was a new low.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Funny how the first few responses liked to get the H word in their responses......as if to prove my point!!!

When crimes directed against certain sections of society became what's called 'Hate Crimes'....suddenly the use of the word "hate/hateful" to describe people, or in this case newspapers who don't sign up to certain political points of view or beliefs is attached and highlighted in every way possible....as if it's some way to try and associate their way of thinking to being some sort of crime and should some how be 'ashamed'....(another politically correct buzzword often attached to these sort of debates)
But my point was not about the issues themselves.....but the fact it seems people have had enough of having their thoughts and views labelled and trying to bring down newspapers they don't like by 'Demonising' them....(the words used by someone to reply to thread)...bit hypocritical!!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've never funded the Daily Mail, but it seems Lego have been funding them for years. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I have never bought the Daily Mail nor even read it. I am completely indifferent. This constant agitation against this newspaper seems to me to be more a coded attack on ordinary people (the readership). It's just metropolitan,middle class,snobbery.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
interesting that democracy is our right until we vote for something or someone they do not like... i voted out of europe because when we joined it was a simple trading idea not somewhere where rules and laws were made.. so according to some im a racist ignorant tw@t.. im none of these things. I never thought Trump would get in but he did democracy in action. perhaps there are a lot of people out there who feel they are not represented by these liberal luvvies ??

At the risk of biting, do you not agree that people have the right to express their opinion? Democracy doesn't mean you have to take it on the chin and shut up about it.

Especially in the case of the Brexit lies, and the Trump campaign of hate. Would you have demonstrated against the Nazi party in Germany? Or would you have happily and blindly gone along with it, regardless of how you felt? If so, that says more about you than the people who take a passionate stance for what they believe in.

Also worth saying that more of the low turnout in America DID NOT vote for Trump, he got 200,000 fewer votes nationwide. At least Brexit actually won!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here