Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arturo Lupoli - another striker to be linked with?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Arturo_Lupoli_573933.jpg

Ipswich rag reporting, Albion one of clubs interested in player?

Lupoli, 29, is currently with Pisa but is expected to leave the Serie B side in January, despite being contracted until the summer of 2018.

According to Gazza Mercato, the Blues and Forest have been showing interest for several weeks, while Brighton have more recently joined the hunt.

Former Italy U21 international Lupoli joined Arsenal’s academy from Parma and while with the Gunners spent time on loan with Derby County before moving on to Fiorentina in 2007.

While with the Viola the Brescia-born frontman had spells on loan at Treviso, Norwich City and Sheffield United.

He moved on to Ascoli permanently in 2009 and since then has had stints with Grosseto, Varese, Honvéd (loan) and Frosinone before joining Pisa in 2015. Last season he was with Catania on loan.

Town will certainly be in the market for another striker in January, however, they’re likely to be targeting a bigger frontman than 5ft 8in tall Lupoli, having sold target man Daryl Murphy to Newcastle United close to the end of the August transfer window.

West Ham striker Ashley Fletcher, who was recently watched by manager Mick McCarthy and his assistant Terry Connor, would appear to be a more likely addition.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30610/

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Meh.

Underwhelmed we can do much better.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We may have had a scout at a game that Lupoli was playing in, but highly doubt they would have been present to specifically watch him.

If a forward does come in during the January window then it'll either be a half season loan from a Premiership club or the permanent signing of a promising player who can make the step up to playing Premiership football in the future. Lupoli with his track record suggests he'll struggle to make a good mark in League One.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The plus point is that Arsenal considered him worthy of a deal but unfortunately that didnt turn out very well..

They also considered Graham Barrett worthy of a contact, similar to the younger of the Hoyte brothers. NOT a particularly decent barometer of a players merits.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If a 'possible new signing' thread has gone this far without a Youtube highlight reel being posted then it's a "no" from me.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Allegedly we had the choice of Kolo Toure or Graham Barrett at the time. This was when Toure was a forward however.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes - in the Withdean years from our perspective as both Barrett and Gavin Hoyte were on loan here.

Just checked Wiki Wenger started at Arsenal in 1996 Barrett signed in 1998 came to us in 2000 and Gavin Hoyte signed as a youth in 1999 and came to us in 2009. He is possibly now at Barnett.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If a 'possible new signing' thread has gone this far without a Youtube highlight reel being posted then it's a "no" from me.

I did look the moment the thread appeared and there's not a great deal of choice.
It was a no from me the moment I assumed there were 2 Arturo Lupoli's by virtue of the age of some of the videos in question.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The plus point is that Arsenal considered him worthy of a deal but unfortunately that didnt turn out very well..

They did. But he was still only a teenager. An awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

The Jaunuary transfer window though is always notoriously difficult, and if we do manage to bring in another forward, it's only likely to be a loan deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here