Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Social media, grief roadshow nonsense gone bonkers?...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I heard about this on radio 2 yesterday. In my opinion it's "look at me", narcissistic, attention seeking bollocks. We are all different, sure, we all display grief in different ways but I've had to have dogs put down and the absolute last thing I'd want for me or my dog is this ridiculous song and dance made of it. I note he's also been through two marriages and three engagements. Hmm, that's quite a lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-37955748

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rest in peace seems entirely appropriate for that poor dog.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Your problems all started with this bit: 'I heard about this on radio 2.' I'm afraid you reap what you sow listening to that crap. Next you'll be telling us that you watched Loose Women and they had the audacity to mention that Jordan has bought a new candy pink Range Rover.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your problems all started with this bit: 'I heard about this on radio 2.' I'm afraid you reap what you sow listening to that crap. Next you'll be telling us that you watched Loose Women and they had the audacity to mention that Jordan has bought a new candy pink Range Rover.

Ha! Fairs. I can't defend such listening habits except to say it's on in the workplace and seems to be the only station all workers kind of agree on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolute sad attention seeking sicko twunt, the dog seemed very dignified though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe a minutes applause in the 18th minute vs. Villa?

A minutes silence is most appropriate I think. It will allow us to paws for thought and reflection.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I wonder how many are going to turn out at the Amex for the Snowdogs last walk to the Corn Exchange before being auctioned.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I heard about this on radio 2 yesterday. In my opinion it's "look at me", narcissistic, attention seeking bollocks. We are all different, sure, we all display grief in different ways but I've had to have dogs put down and the absolute last thing I'd want for me or my dog is this ridiculous song and dance made of it. I note he's also been through two marriages and three engagements. Hmm, that's quite a lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-37955748

I don't see the problem. As you say, we all display grief in different ways, and maybe he didn't expect it to escalate beyond a few friends / locals / dog lovers joining him for a bit of support. I doubt he expected to end up on radio and TV.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't see the problem. As you say, we all display grief in different ways, and maybe he didn't expect it to escalate beyond a few friends / locals / dog lovers joining him for a bit of support. I doubt he expected to end up on radio and TV.

Maybe you're right, he probably didn't think the interview he filmed for This Morning would be transmitted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here