Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad all over

Swindon just scored against Charlton, not only do they have goal music, which is bad enough on it's own, but they played Glad all Over.

Is this normal or is it just to piss Charlton off?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
That's pretty outrageous. Palace will be fuming, as they wrote and own that song, along with- as we all know- all other football songs.

They got the right hump recently when Man City fans started singing "Guardiola" to the tune :lolol:

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
Swindon always had ideas above their station. In the good old says when they were languishing in the depths of Division 111 (South), they used to come on to the pitch to the music "Entry of the Gladiators"

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Tim Sherwood working his magic at Swindon. Their players showed the necessary 'gut' that he had asked for today.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just got back from the game, they had a £10 ticket offer but still only 6500 showed up,

The goal music was very tacky but even more tacky was the goal score announcement by some bloke with a fake American accent.

Was like watching BHA rejects, Crofts,Chickson,Kasim,Brendon Rogers kid.

Apparently Tim Sherwood is now picking the team....after saying this week that was the job of the head coach.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Just got back from the game, they had a £10 ticket offer but still only 6500 showed up,

The goal music was very tacky but even more tacky was the goal score announcement by some bloke with a fake American accent.

Was like watching BHA rejects, Crofts,Chickson,Kasim,Brendon Rogers kid.

Apparently Tim Sherwood is now picking the team....after saying this week that was the job of the head coach.

Didn't realise until this week that the Lee Power who's the Swindon chairman is the same guy who used to play for Norwich. I presume that's where he knows Sherwood from.

Can't help feeling Sherwood is probably a bit of a git, and given my long held irrational dislike of Swindon, it would be funny to see them continue to struggle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that Glad All Over was written by a Tottenham fan shows just how tinpot Palace are. At least Swindon now have Spurs connection, even if it is a bit tenuous. They are also tinpot too in fairness.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Didn't realise until this week that the Lee Power who's the Swindon chairman is the same guy who used to play for Norwich. I presume that's where he knows Sherwood from.

Can't help feeling Sherwood is probably a bit of a git, and given my long held irrational dislike of Swindon, it would be funny to see them continue to struggle.

I only went because it was cheap.....I cant say I support them....just pity them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And William Ward-Higgs was born in Birkenhead, and only lived in Sussex for seven years of his life. How tinpot does that make Brighton? :)

Not very....

The clue is in the title of the music Albion run out to :smile:

Also was William Ward-Higgs a fan of another club?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not very....

The clue is in the title of the music Albion run out to :smile:

Also was William Ward-Higgs a fan of another club?

He was, but Albion was his 2nd team

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here