Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flippin Ek

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im amazed how flares are let off in grounds with apparent impunity. maybe all football associations and stadiums will take their security a bit more seriously after this.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's the down side of Fifa and UEFA having one rule for the English and another for all the other European countries. Sorry Robert, but hey flares are cool and fun and atmospheric and just because you've been knocked out doesn't mean you've got the right to spoil European Ultras fun. Get up and get on with things. Unless this happened in England, how can this be treated as a crime?

€3 fine and can we concentrate on the national anthems being booed at Wembley please. That's a proper outrage and I expect both FAs to be severely punished along with the Poppy Outrage. €1 million each at least.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it only me thinking that was just a dive, of sorts?

It could have been bad but clearly wasn't. He got up to score two goals for a start.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It could have been bad but clearly wasn't. He got up to score two goals for a start.

This. As much as I think that whoever did this should have the book thrown at them, that dive was pure pantomime.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Pathetic. Do these people not get embarrassed when they see themselves diving and feigning injury??

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Not sure. He was probably at a distance where parts of the casing would have been sent into the air and possibly near to his eye.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Must be that supporters in some countries are not searched as they enter the ground ? , dive or not , that was dangerous , if fans are allowed to basically take anything they want into football grounds who's to say some raving lunatic won't lob a bloody grenade.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Absolutely. He knew it was there as he'd already pointed it out to the referee. I'm not saying the bang wouldn't have made him jump, or that he might not have got a bit of grit in his eye when it went off, but his reaction was, frankly, textbook footballer.

I do wish they'd all man up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Flares and other missiles. Not to mention racist or homophobic abuse - isn't it abut time a country (or a club) actually got kicked out of a competition for this kind of behaviour? It seems particularly prevalent in Eastern Europe, and surely it must be becoming obvious to even the blindest of EUFA officials now that the only way Eastern European fans are going to change their behaviour is if their team is kicked out of a competition.
Lewandowski making a meal of it is neither here not there,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here