Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we really expected to beat villa

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Will anything other than a victory against Aston Villa next Friday be seen as a disappointment.
The team that spent over 50m in the summer transfer window.
Or are we just a superior team than them & the
League table highlights that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
If we want to go up, we have to go into every game in this league expecting a win. Especially at home.

We won't win them all of course but we have to take that approach.

My take on Villa from watching them at Brum is that they've got plenty of ability but they're not a unit yet.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Will anything other than a victory against Aston Villa next Friday be seen as a disappointment.
The team that spent over 50m in the summer transfer window.
Or are we just a superior team than them & the
League table highlights that.

Whether or not we are expected to beat Villa is one thing but most of us will expect full commitment from the players and, on the basis of AV being in rebuild mode, hope that we can secure 3 points.

Nothing to fear !

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
If we want promotion then we should be seeing them off having them 16 points behind rather than 10 would be hugely beneficial to out tital/auto challenge I think victory would end there hopes of going for top 2 rather than going for the playoffs the earlier we can narrow the number of realistic challengers the better

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we want to go up, we have to go into every game in this league expecting a win. Especially at home.

We won't win them all of course but we have to take that approach.

My take on Villa from watching them at Brum is that they've got plenty of ability but they're not a unit yet.

Having beaten a Norwich team so convincingly
Who were near the top of the league are we in danger of thinking that all we have to do is turn up & we will win

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
expected might seem too strong, we should hope to beat Villa at our place if we are to maintain form and promotion push.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Having beaten a Norwich team so convincingly
Who were near the top of the league are we in danger of thinking that all we have to do is turn up & we will win

No, I don't think so. We've got a great manager don't forget who won't allow that kind of thinking.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
expected might seem too strong, we should hope to beat Villa at our place if we are to maintain form and promotion push.

Yes, absolutely. I do have a slight reservation, as they are on the "up" whereas Norwich were rather on the "down" but you are quite right - if we aim to go up, then home games are there to be won.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We're higher up the league than they are, in good form, and playing at home. So logically, statistically even, a home win is the most likely outcome. Unfortunately, logic and statistics don't always apply in football.

We're still favourites, though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with the OP - it's all a bit mad how much we're overachieving in terms of budgets of other teams - just enjoy the ride. If we don't beat villa we'll have to bounce back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here