Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawro's kit-bag

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Can Lawro's miserable persona be traced back to the time when Robin Friday crimped off a length into his kit bag in the Goldstone changing rooms?

The Londoner returned to the team for the away match at Brighton & Hove Albion on 29 October 1977, with Cardiff once again in the relegation zone, in 20th place on goal difference.

Friday was marked during the game by Mark Lawrenson, who so frustrated the Cardiff forward with his close attention that Friday waited for Lawrenson to attempt a slide tackle and then kicked him in the face. After receiving a red card, Friday left the ground with the game still going on; according to legend, before leaving he broke into the Brighton dressing room and defecated in Lawrenson's kit bag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Friday

MarkLawrenson11-300x184.jpg

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Can Lawro's miserable persona be traced back to the time when Robin Friday crimped off a length into his kit bag in the Goldstone changing rooms?

The Londoner returned to the team for the away match at Brighton & Hove Albion on 29 October 1977, with Cardiff once again in the relegation zone, in 20th place on goal difference.

Friday was marked during the game by Mark Lawrenson, who so frustrated the Cardiff forward with his close attention that Friday waited for Lawrenson to attempt a slide tackle and then kicked him in the face. After receiving a red card, Friday left the ground with the game still going on; according to legend, before leaving he broke into the Brighton dressing room and defecated in Lawrenson's kit bag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Friday

View attachment 79315

I love the book about Robin Friday :thumbsup:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Probably my favorite ever player, but never have I been more disappointed with someone's persona when he started on TV.. as a player he always seemed so cool, so assured, quiet and effective. Always had more time than most on the ball it seemed.. now he just appears bitter, grumpy and hard to listen to..

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I didn't know what "crimped off a length" meant. Then read the rest and burst out laughing. I love how accidentally deadpan Wikipedia can be when retelling stories like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here