Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PL Trying to improve atmosphere at games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Me likey.

While they're at it, how about allowing standing and alcohol in the stands too?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
While this is a good idea, clubs may have to now face the cost of changes their stadia. Things such as entrances and internal concourse segregation. Hadn't it been previously said that this is why our away fans are where they are? (I appreciate that our away fans aren't top tier but it is the same logic)

Is there not a risk that we could see more West Ham style issues as a result of worse infrastructure

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
While this is a good idea, clubs may have to now face the cost of changes their stadia. Things such as entrances and internal concourse segregation. Hadn't it been previously said that this is why our away fans are where they are? (I appreciate that our away fans aren't top tier but it is the same logic)

Is there not a risk that we could see more West Ham style issues as a result of worse infrastructure

£120 million a year. I think they can afford to build some walls and gates.

SAC

May 21, 2014

It's the PL, they can afford it.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The reason the atmosphere is crap at so many PL games is because the stadiums are stuffed to the rafters with TOURISTS, who are more interested in filming the whole game on their mobiles.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The reason the atmosphere is crap at so many PL games is because the stadiums are stuffed to the rafters with TOURISTS, who are more interested in filming the whole game on their mobiles.

Say no more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great news. Should dramatically increase the number of fans taking part in goal celebrations.

Everyone likes to see a fan join in the bundle with players before trying to get back into the stand without being apprehended.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£120 million a year. I think they can afford to build some walls and gates.
Walls and gates? Good grief, last time it was suggested on here that a physical barrier might in some circumstances be better than two lines of hapless stewards (as at The Squatters' stadium in East London), these boards went mental!
Walls and gates? You mean barriers, fences, cages - no of course you don't, but to some people that will.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Surely this means IF we were to get promoted then the away section would extend or move completely into the East or the West Stand.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Walls and gates? Good grief, last time it was suggested on here that a physical barrier might in some circumstances be better than two lines of hapless stewards (as at The Squatters' stadium in East London), these boards went mental!
Walls and gates? You mean barriers, fences, cages - no of course you don't, but to some people that will.

I meant in the concourses, I have not gone all Bensgrandad on this subject :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
another gimmick i'm afraid , TO MANY PLASTIC TYPES TO CREATE A GOOD ATMOSPHERE THESE days , IT'S ALL OVER,
going down the tennis lines these days, just a gentle applause will suffice
regards
DR

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This....and dicking around with fixtures like Everton v West Ham (or whatever) on a Monday etc games moved midweek should be reserved for local fixtures only. There are PLENTY of them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
“When an away goal is scored, you want that atmosphere and interaction between the two sets of fans."

Blimey, I never thought in this modern, over-sanitised era I'd hear a PL or FA official say that, fair play. Are you listening Mr Barber? The PL don't want the football 'matchday experience' to rival the Cliff Richard concert experience. Think on that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here