Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non league we lose.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://bbc.in/2eDoUkh

Nick Bunyard: Frome Town boss banned by FA over betting

Frome Town boss Nick Bunyard has been banned from football until July 2019 for betting against teams he managed.

An independent commission found that from September 2014 to April 2016 Bunyard placed 45 bets against Frome and his former club Paulton Rovers.

Football Association rules prohibit "all those involved in the game" from betting on football "that takes place anywhere in the world".

Frome suspended Bunyard in April when made aware of the FA's investigation.

The FA also fined Bunyard £3,000.

Bunyard became Frome manager in August 2015 and his suspension by the club arrived late in a campaign where the Robins lost just two of their last 14 matches to avoid relegation.

Assistant manager Josh Jeffries took charge as they ended the 2015-16 season 16th in the Southern League - England's seventh tier.

The commission examined 97 bets made by Bunyard but dismissed an FA charge that he had allegedly breached an interim ban placed on him on 24 June.

Frome Town expect to make a statement on Thursday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always wonder how you get caught doing this.

Surely you would not be setting up an account using your own details?
Perhaps being the happiest man in the dressing room after getting humiliated by the Shepton Mallets, was a clue.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I always wonder how you get caught doing this.

Surely you would not be setting up an account using your own details?

I wouldn't have thought that too many people were betting on these matches. Bookies today are good at spotting trends and look into these and then share data.
The rules are well known so why anyone would want to take the chance is beyond me but then given Barton is alledged to have placed bets it just shows the stupidity of some.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I wouldn't have thought that too many people were betting on these matches. Bookies today are good at spotting trends and look into these and then share data.
The rules are well known so why anyone would want to take the chance is beyond me but then given Barton is alledged to have placed bets it just shows the stupidity of some.

I agree.

But wouldn't you just get a friend/wife/family member to set it up?!?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
years ago I was a Littlewoods Pools collector and I use to call on a member of Albion's back room staff. The coupon was always in his wife's name as he wasn't sure whether pools fell foul of this betting rule.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Perhaps being the happiest man in the dressing room after getting humiliated by the Shepton Mallets, was a clue.

Don't be too Chard on him. He never Mendip to happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here