Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's newest and probably most unlikely fan...

I was helping out a friend who was doing a charity gig near Manchester last night. Ended up chatting with David Gill and Sir Alex about the Albion for a while. They had nothing but praise for Hughton and Bloom, and also Knight. Both confident that the future's very bright for the Albion. Sir Alex commented about how amazed he was at our 5-0 victory over Norwich, and took my reply about teams managed by Scotsmen called Alex being suspect in great spirit. Finally, I had a cameo role at the end of my friend's performance and used the opportunity to jokingly present him with my Brighton & Hove Albion scarf. He was greatly amused and happily posed for photographs and was still wearing it as he left. Onwards and Upwards! :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,085
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,066
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,119

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Love him or hate him the best British manager of all time. I too have also heard he is a decent bloke. Nice story, good work.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Couldn't stand him as united manager but that was more about united. I really appreciated his support in the troubles. Good on him!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was one of the panel that awarded Chris, Performance of the Week, for our result against Norwich.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Nice for these gloryhunters to support a proper team once in a while :lolol:
Great work, sir.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
While he may look like a miserable git from time to time, I keep hearing from managers how he has been supportive of them, offering advice and help when needed, particularly when things are looking tough.

Just recently I was reading about how he was one of the few managers to help Martin Ling when he was suffering from depression (no shock that CH was another, BTW) and that's a theme I keep hearing

el punal

Immense good work! I thought he was meant to a miserable git?

Two sides to Fergie. One, the hard nosed, ruthless, win at all costs manager of, arguably, the most famous football club in the world. And, two, the one described by the OP.

Having read his autobiography, and others about him, I find him a fascinating person.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
... to jokingly present him with my Brighton & Hove Albion scarf. He was greatly amused and happily posed for photographs and was still wearing it as he left. Onwards and Upwards! :)
Typical Scot, he nicked your scarf.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Two sides to Fergie. One, the hard nosed, ruthless, win at all costs manager of, arguably, the most famous football club in the world. And, two, the one described by the OP.

Having read his autobiography, and others about him, I find him a fascinating person.
Agreed. There's a great feature on him in Four Four Two this month. 30 stories you haven't heard before.

Well worth a look. A few show him as a harsh taskmasker *******, others as a real gent and top bloke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Fantastic photos. Always nice when someone you admire takes the time to talk with you,

Seems like a top bloke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here