Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Trump set himself up to be the most assassinatable president in US history?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Of all the previous US presidents a total of six have been shot while in office, four of them fatally. This excludes the numerous failed assassination attempts where no injuries were sustained. That's over a 10% chance of being killed or injured by gunshot while in office. Given the number of people and the broad demographic that Trump has upset is he an inevitable assassination attempt waiting to happen and has he significantly raised those odds?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This will test how good his Secret Service (SS) detail is going to be.

I hope not in any case... otherwise the stock markets will crumble.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Of all the previous US presidents a total of six have been shot while in office, four of them fatally. This excludes the numerous failed assassination attempts where no injuries were sustained. That's over a 10% chance of being killed or injured by gunshot while in office. Given the number of people and the broad demographic that Trump has upset is he an inevitable assassination attempt waiting to happen and has he significantly raised those odds?

No.

Any would be assassin 'homegrown' redneck nuts probably voted for him in the first place.

Any would be assassin 'religious extremist' nuts would welcome him as president as he'll be the most amazing recruitment tool for their rank and help drive the myth of war.

He is safe and will get on with Putin like a house on fire because they are the same type of man; same rotten model.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

It wouldn't matter that much if he got assassinated. The problem isn't Donald Trump. The problem is the 60,000,000 people who voted for him. They would have voted for Mrs Bloggs provided she spoke the utter shit they wanted to hear.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The presidents car is bullet proof, and security is far better today than when JFK was travelling in an open top car.
Anyway, that golden wig he wears is something I may try, so he is not all bad.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Spooky [MENTION=33745]marlowe[/MENTION] I was talking about this with work colleagues on nights last night.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Remember Reagan being shot, and obviously there was JFK, the others must have been a while back ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Catch 22 for the wet ignorant left. All the nasty people elected him so they are not going to hose him down with bullets.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
. They would have voted for Mrs Bloggs provided she spoke the utter shit they wanted to hear.[/QUOTE

utter shit ?? look after middle/working class America.. Clamp down on immigrants and social welfare...Up the fight against Isis and all terror groups......60m Americans didn`t think he spoke utter shit....However one person on La Rochelle does....who should we believe????

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It wouldn't matter that much if he got assassinated. The problem isn't Donald Trump. The problem is the 60,000,000 people who voted for him. They would have voted for Mrs Bloggs provided she spoke the utter shit they wanted to hear.

Not criticising yourself per say but who says 600 million people are wrong? I doubt he will be a great president. (. Please see later post)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Not criticising yourself per say but who says 600 million people are wrong? He's won because people for what ever reason believe in him. I doubt he will be a great president but then again we could all be wrong. All we can do is give him a chance and see where we as the world go. Personally I think he's a certain person in the right time for him. Any other year I doubt he would be elected. It's a new chapter for the world let's hope he leads us up a good path

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Given the number of people and the broad demographic that Trump has upset is he an inevitable assassination attempt waiting to happen

Blacks, Mexicans, Muslims; Maybe.
Women; Probably not.
Disabled; Would be difficult.
LGBT+; will no doubt organize a world-class hissy fit, but I don't imagine they'll pull out any guns on the Don.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here