Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A massive thank you

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Well as you may know, i've entered Preston Rock Garden into a "Fields in trust" award and i've asked you to vote on it. Well voting has just closed and i received this email

Hi Andy,

Voting has just closed in the UK’s Best Park Award with over 10,000 votes having been cast and I’m thrilled to be getting touch to let you know that your nominated park, Preston Park Rockery, is one of the four local green spaces from across the UK to be shortlisted.

The overall winner will be announced at the Fields in Trust Awards at Lords Cricket Ground on 30th November, and as Preston Park Rockery’s nominator we’d love for you to be there to represent it! I shall be in touch very soon with a formal invite and more details, but I wanted you to be the first to know of the park’s shortlisting.

Please allow me to pass on my congratulations on making the shortlist and I will be in touch again very soon!

Kind regards,
Jamie

Thank you so much to everyone who voted, i'm chuffed to bits :thumbsup:

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Well as you may know, i've entered Preston Rock Garden into a "Fields in trust" award and i've asked you to vote on it. Well voting has just closed and i received this email

Hi Andy,

Voting has just closed in the UK’s Best Park Award with over 10,000 votes having been cast and I’m thrilled to be getting touch to let you know that your nominated park, Preston Park Rockery, is one of the four local green spaces from across the UK to be shortlisted.

The overall winner will be announced at the Fields in Trust Awards at Lords Cricket Ground on 30th November, and as Preston Park Rockery’s nominator we’d love for you to be there to represent it! I shall be in touch very soon with a formal invite and more details, but I wanted you to be the first to know of the park’s shortlisting.

Please allow me to pass on my congratulations on making the shortlist and I will be in touch again very soon!

Kind regards,
Jamie

Great news :)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Crikey, just received this http://www.fieldsintrust.org/News_Detail.aspx?newsid=8a81406b-7263-4ad0-96f0-12059c43e7c3

I thought i was shortlisted for the south east section but it appears it's for the national one....only 4 parks in the country and the rockery is one

Well done mate

Glad that NSC has done some good again. And to be honest it is clearly well deserved when you look at the amount of time and effort that you put in to it. Not being from the area I do not get a chance to see it but the time and dedication it must take is impressive without even being there to see it!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Basically, you're representing England as the others are Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish.
:clap:

So it's already the best park in England. Cool. :cool:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great news, well deserved. Must be worth you getting some publicity for this, might attract some sponsorship ? Anyone know any decent journalists with connections to quality local papers ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Hi Andy,

Kind regards,
Jamie

That's great news Jevs. Now hoping you win it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here