Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
This seems like the place for this. I've been told that Republican internal polling puts Clinton four points ahead. Don't have any info from the Democrats.

Enjoy your evening ��������������������

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Amazes me how people can place so much attention on the polls after they got it totally wrong the in the last two major elections.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Betting odds very similar to Brexit eve, we've seen so many inaccurate polls in recent times anything can happen.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just flicked through the news channels and everyone on Fox News seemed to be looking for razor blades! :) Looks like Turd Sandwich has beaten Giant Douche!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the general election thread on here, I predicted a 15 seat Tory majority. Unfortunately,cos all the polls were saying a hung Parliament,I didn't put any thing on it, the odds were 12/1.

I vote Labour,btw

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
A choice between the worst President ever and one that would be far worse than that...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In all seriousness, Clinton will get at least 300 electoral votes, I actually think she'll get to 350. Florida is in the bag, which is the election, but the question is how much of a win it's going to be. It might be close in the popular vote, but in terms of the overall final score, it's not going to be close.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I look in on an American/ British board. Obviously the election has brought many different views, and i have not commented but read the American views.
They also are not keen on either contenders, here was an interesting view though, from an American poster.

"It is Secretary Clinton who is the scary one being elected to President. She is the one with a 20 plus year history of (at the very least) not holding up her Oath of Office and using her time in elected office to become very rich. She has (in my opinion) an ethical value system which only supports what she deems proper and valuable to her. She does not believe in a strong military and will weaken our position worldwide and bring us closer to nuclear warfare by removing (or weakening) military response options.

Donald Trump is in most respects an unknown. He may turn out to be the biggest fool ever to be elected or, he may turn out to be one who acquired the top experts in every field and actually listen to them. But Hilary Clinton is a known.

However, no matter which is elected we (the people) face a bad four years. Trump (in the worse definition of him) will run wild getting us into wars by going nose to nose with other world leaders. Or he will listen to his experts picking a narrow path into the future making things better at each step. Hilary Clinton will follow her existing patterns and seek to pad her personal treasure chest and, settle old scores.

The question is, can we survive either of them at their worse? I have heard it said that I Secretary Clinton wins, those who support Donald Trump will run wild in the streets, that is complete total poppycock. At worse they will hunker-down to wait out increased governmental intrusion. On the other hand, if Donald Trump is to win there will be a rising of those who have already demonstrated a willingness to force their desires on others. Either way we are facing an intense period.

The only way this will be mitigated is if the economy were to grow and be sustainable. Under Donald Trump this is possible, but under Hilary Clinton it will not get better as she has no understanding of how to grow and economy.
As James Madison stated, for our form of government to work we require a virtuous and involved people. With Donald Trump there remains a possibility of that happening. Under Hilary Clinton we will continued to see installed increasing levels of taxation that will finally kill the golden egg laying goose. However, worse of all is the minimizing of the Constitution. I realize that my opinion is ‘out of time’ as to the importance of the Constitution. With the election of Hilary Clinton as president we will be entering the world that some have laid at the door of the Conservatives, that is Government for sale to the highest bidder".

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
In all seriousness, Clinton will get at least 300 electoral votes, I actually think she'll get to 350. Florida is in the bag, which is the election, but the question is how much of a win it's going to be. It might be close in the popular vote, but in terms of the overall final score, it's not going to be close.

Trump was leading in the last Florida Polls.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here