Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony has said no stars are for sale in January.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Beram Kayal wanted man.

Just reading this in several articles about Steve Bruce setting his sights on Beram Kayal.
Is it back to where, because Albion players are doing well, it's fair game for all insundry for, I guess agents and co to start touting there wares.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/0...-albion-want-aston-villa-midfielder-beram-ka/

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...n-villa-transfer-rumour-championship-12143114

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/st...dfielder-to-be-his-first-aston-villa-signing/

http://the72.co.uk/67793/aston-villa-plan-to-make-move-for-brighton-midfielder/

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony has said none of our stars are for sale this January.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
100% not going to happen. If Tony is true to his word he is going all in for promotion and that means no one who's important leaving.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If any championship manager thinks they are getting their hands on anyone of our 'star' players then they will be disappointed. January will seem like a very long month indeed seeing as our players will spend the next couple of months in Sky's shop window,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sounds unlikely to me. Would Villa pay serious money for a 28-year-old out of contract at the end of the season AND who is currently injured and probably won't be back till January (and more likely February given Brighton's injuries always seem to last longer than expected)?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I don't get why either player would move in January, it makes sense for both Kayal and Stephens to not a sign a new contract with us until the end of the season, and then see what offers they have at that point. They'll make more money for themselves and based on their performances over the last season and so far during this one, I would think they would be able to get a move to the Premier League with or without us.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Won't happen, besides why would you bother if you were him? Villa will be in the Championship regardless of who they sign in January. If we are too then he'll have better offers than the Championship to consider...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two stories in two days about our players going, from the Sun. Have they got a Palace 'journalist' (in the loosest sense) working for them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If any championship manager thinks they are getting their hands on anyone of our 'star' players then they will be disappointed.
Agree.
January will seem like a very long month indeed seeing as our players will spend the next couple of months in Sky's shop window,
Disagree.

I'd be shocked if other teams aren't after our fantastic players, of course they will be. I'd be utterly flabbergasted if they actually get them though. No way Tony will be letting them go.

Meanwhile, we'll be trying to get a striker to bolster our squad, and the month could turn out to be too short for us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
King Kayal might not even play again before the end of January, so any idea of someone gambling a serious sum of money on him seems rather far fetched.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We will receive loads of enquires/offers. Some we won't hear about, some we will.

Agents will be dripping info daily into the press to stir interest in their client.

I find it best to just accept it now and then not lose your mind in January when you read every article linking clubs to our players.

The temptation of the premier league completely gazumps any financial gain from selling these two. Couldn't be less worried really. Tony's comments just further emphasised that.

CHILLAX.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here