Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Villa

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Still a long way off a week Friday, but barring any injuries I can't see much change from the starting 11 at Bristol City. Only exception would be if AK feels in the right frame of mind to make a return, but this should be his decision and rightly so. I'm excited! UTA!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect AK to be playing as under French law the funeral has to take place within 7 days so it will be this week. He will be back with his team mates next week so I would expect them to pick him up and him play. and dedicate it to his dad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
-------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno ------ Duffy --------- Dunk ------ Bong
Knockaert -- Stephens -- Sidwell -- March
--------------- Baldock -- Murray --------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Pocognoli, Goldson, Norwood, Skalak, Murphy, Hemed

Oh my. Also available (or nearly available) for selection: Hunt, Hunemeier, Ince, Towell, LuaLua, Manu.
Probably available for selection in December: Kayal.
Probably available for selection in January: Rosenior.
Probable extra recruitment for January: (at least) A N Other Striker.

We are looking strong. At present. The future might be different.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Team picks itself.

Interesting contrast to the Villa board thread on the same subject (their team not ours). No two sides the same. Variations in formation. Two key players missing due to suspension/unavailability. They have some highly paid and talented players but they are a long way from a settled team.

I shouldn't state it, but I have a good feeling about this fixture.

PG

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
-------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno ------ Duffy --------- Dunk ------ Bong
Knockaert -- Stephens -- Sidwell -- March
--------------- Baldock -- Murray --------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Pocognoli, Goldson, Norwood, Skalak, Murphy, Hemed

Oh my. Also available (or nearly available) for selection: Hunt, Hunemeier, Ince, Towell, LuaLua, Manu.
Probably available for selection in December: Kayal.
Probably available for selection in January: Rosenior.
Probable extra recruitment for January: (at least) A N Other Striker.

We are looking strong. At present. The future might be different.

I don't think solly will be starting id keep it the same as just ease him back in with a little 20 mins

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
When did Tony indicate this?

In the fans' forum the other day. Not sure which minute it was, but when saying how terrible it was for Anthony and his family, he said something about having him back for the Villa game. I do wonder thought whether Chris might start with him on the bench though, given the other attacking options available and how emotional his return will presumably be.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think it matters what the team is. I think we have shown that we can cope with the loss of any player now

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My team is similar:

Stockdale

Bruno~Duffy~Dunk~Bong

Knockaert~Stephens~Sidwell~Murphy

Murray~Baldock​

Subs: Maenpaa;Goldson;March;Skalak;Hemed;Pocognoli;Norwood

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They've already had the funeral. Looks like most of the squad was there. See AK's Twitter.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think Skalak will start in preference to Murphy as he has in most games this season.

But Murphy was better than him in the last game and played wide left, Skalak played wide right so I think he'll be the one to drop out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably that, possibly Skalak for Murphy. I actually don't care. It's the mutts nuts.

I think Skalak will start in preference to Murphy as he has in most games this season.
You could well be right. It would be a bit harsh on Murphy though who was just about our best player at Bristol. I guess it depends if we need someone to run at their defence (Murphy) or deliver the killer crosses (Skalak) .

I'd be happy with either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here