Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Mans Speech

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Delivering a best mans speech for the first time (and likely only time!) this Friday.

Its written and I'm feeling fairly confident, but thought I'd (probably regrettably) see if NSC has any sound advice / decent one liners I can use to improve it?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Delivering a best mans speech for the first time (and likely only time!) this Friday.

Its written and I'm feeling fairly confident, but thought I'd (probably regrettably) see if NSC has any sound advice / decent one liners I can use to improve it?!

Dan?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

My cousin created this website back in 1997. A lot of helpful advice and tips. I've delivered x 2 Best Man speeches and turned to this website each time just to flesh out the content a bit: http://www.hitched.co.uk/speeches/speechhome.aspx. Good luck!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't get pissed beforehand. 1-2 pints tops.

Tell me about it. As best man at my brother's wedding, with drink taken, I opened my speech by saying "Firstly I'm sure you'd all like to join me in thanking the parents of both the brides for this fantastic reception". Not great, to be honest, but might just have got away with it. Except that the bride's parents were both dead :down:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Tell the happy (tight) couple to get married on a weekend next time rather than make you use your annual leave for their bloody day?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Guard your speech, if you haven't memorised it and keeping it short will help the chances of you memorising it.

The first one of my friends to get married in his 20's, me and the other Usher nicked the Best Mans speech, which he only discovered when he came to stand and deliver it. Fortunately for him/unfortunately for me and the other Usher, he'd memorised it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Geeting married in the football season, bad move, but, doing it during the International Break, stroke of genius!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't get too hammered and enjoy it. I've done it twice - once for my best mate and once for my dad. Both went down very well. One about 6 minutes and the other about 10.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
My best man ran the speech past my wife to be, she laughed, I knew that it'd be a horrible experience for me.

It could have been even worse for me but we found out shortly before the wedding that I was to become his supervisor at work, I dread to think what it would have been like if I didn't get the new job.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Done it twice. One of the couples are still together......

About seven minutes was right.

Tailor the humour to the most straight laced of the Bride or Grooms immediate family

"I know they're a lovely couple.....I've slept with both of them" may or may not be acceptable. As will an invitation to the happy couple to show the guests their rings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here