Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kitchen grid switches do they contain a fuse?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
My daughter has lost power to a cooker hood, both the lights and extractor motor will not work,
I can't find a fuse anywhere for the hood apart from the possibility it's in the grid switch,

If so can it be changed or do we have to get a new switch?
image.jpeg

Any ideas??

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If you don't know exactly what you're doing, get an electrician in. Electricity can kill.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No fuses within grid switch but could be that grid switch feeds a fused spur word of warning fuse is a safety device and if blown it went for a reason and unless that reason is found and rectified do not replace the fuse

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
No fuses within grid switch but could be that grid switch feeds a fused spur word of warning fuse is a safety device and if blown it went for a reason and unless that reason is found and rectified do not replace the fuse

I think the actual motor on the hood has blown.
According to the wiring diagram the lights are fed after the ( fan)motor.
I have used my avo and there is no voltage at the light sockets nor on but there is voltage on the fan in feed.
The remote fuses under the stairs are OK so Im guessing it might be a new hood required.

Hood open close flap switch is ok.

And I cant find any other fuses, thats why I asked if there was a fuse inside the switch, the house is about 5 years old.

Any other ideas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here