Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full fat AD's?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're going to have to elaborate on what "these" are.

However, ahead of that, I'll try and answer...

1. Logged in users should NEVER have a full-screen ad on NSC. (They may get one in The Other Stuff currently but, if so, they won't in the very near future).
2. Non-logged in users may get 1 every 24 hours. It shouldn't be more than that.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
You're going to have to elaborate on what "these" are.

However, ahead of that, I'll try and answer...

1. Logged in users should NEVER have a full-screen ad on NSC. (They may get one in The Other Stuff currently but, if so, they won't in the very near future).
2. Non-logged in users may get 1 every 24 hours. It shouldn't be more than that.

They scroll up from the bottom and take up the whole page! .. wasn't logged in when it happened but certainly got it more often than one every 24 hours

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They scroll up from the bottom and take up the whole page! .. wasn't logged in when it happened but certainly got it more often than one every 24 hours

There's one ad that does that in The Other Stuff, but not on the main forum. At least:

1) I've never implemented code that would do that.
2) I've never had one myself.

Edit: not logged in. That's your problem! But, as in my first post, I'm going to be changing a few bits there as the user experience can be a bit crappy when not logged in currently.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some of the google banners I get below are a bit filthy.... any way we can report them ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There should be an arrow on each ad where you can do just that.

Cheers. Not sure a woman with a horses cock in her mouth makes for discreet NSC viewing at work !

Cheers. Not sure a woman with a horses cock in her mouth makes for discreet NSC viewing at work !

Christ I've just seen that.

And [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I get one every time I open NSC on my phone and I always am logged in on that.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Anyone else getting a google ad at the bottom of the page adverting "the slag at the king power" thread?

Even shows a picture of her in her bra.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Christ I've just seen that.

Really? Bloody hell!

And [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I get one every time I open NSC on my phone and I always am logged in on that.

I'm reviewing all the ads and stuff at the moment - so I'll check that out.

Anyone else getting a google ad at the bottom of the page adverting "the slag at the king power" thread?

Even shows a picture of her in her bra.

Yep I've got that one.

That's Google's matched content feature. It's supposed to give you links to content on NSC that are related to what you are reading. It's rubbish. It's going.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Really? Bloody hell!

I'm reviewing all the ads and stuff at the moment - so I'll check that out.

That's Google's matched content feature. It's supposed to give you links to content on NSC that are related to what you are reading. It's rubbish. It's going.

I mean, no rush, it's not the worst picture in the world.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes really, it was part of the Youtube ad which is still there although now it isn't showing a woman noshing off a horse.

Edit: It's back again. have sent you a screen print on e-mail.
I get a shop where I visited online, no prob.
Monarch, again visited recently.
And this 'slag at the King Power' which links to NSC and appears every time I'm on NSC. I've not put slag or King Power or visited any naughty sites so don't understand this ad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And this 'slag at the King Power' which links to NSC and appears every time I'm on NSC. I've not put slag or King Power or visited any naughty sites so don't understand this ad.

It's not an ad, at least not in the conventional sense.

Google are presenting back to NSC users other threads on NSC it believes they will be interested in. It's clearly not working very well as you're being linked back to this: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?214088-The-slag-at-the-king-power-stadium

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I get a shop where I visited online, no prob.
Monarch, again visited recently.

I get this every time too, and haven't even read the thread on Nsc, so no link at all. The other ads are Age UK and Lakeland which are unsurprising.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here