Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TTFN

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I never listened, but any voice of radio like him does so much for many. RIP.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good radio presenter. RIP Jimmy.

Good voice in his day as well. Did Puppy Love didn't he before that Osmond kid did it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Glad not just me who recalls that and the little cartoon voice Raymondo - never did find out what he/she/it was.

Probably the voice of a producer or something.

Just Murray and Blackburn from this quintet still going. Tony-Blackburn-Pete-Murray-Ed-Stewart-Terry-Wogan-and-Jimmy-Young.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He was the reason I hated Radio 2, it was for my parents, not me! But, nevertheless, a great orator. I will never forget going home for lunch from my old primary school and hearing 'what's for dinner today Jim'. I cringed.

Wasn't he the first ever number one in this country when they made charts official?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He was the reason I hated Radio 2, it was for my parents, not me! But, nevertheless, a great orator. I will never forget going home for lunch from my old primary school and hearing 'what's for dinner today Jim'. I cringed.

Wasn't he the first ever number one in this country when they made charts official?

Al Martine, Here in my heart, Nov 1952 (and that's without Google).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Probably the voice of a producer or something.

Just Murray and Blackburn from this quintet still going. View attachment 79253

Three of them gone this year.

There was lots of banter between Terry Wogan & Jimmy Young during their handovers. Both witty men who were quick with their ad libs. Jimmy was good at interviewing guests & making sure he got answers. He wouldn't accept flannel from them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here