Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forestieri

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Is apparently unhappy at Hillsborough. Come on Tony, the final piece of the promotion jigsaw!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not for me Clive.

Sulky little shit- a man who refused to play for Wednesday earlier this season because Derby were rumoured to have bid for him. Derby, FFS. Not Chelsea, or Liverpool or Barcelona. Derby County.

Talented, but I happen to think we have an amazing team spirit going on this season and last, and I really don't see Forestieri fitting in with that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would cost megabucks (aka silly money) to persuade Wednesday to sell him to somebody they perceive to be a rival. Not sure he's PL material either, good as he is in the Championship, so the price may be too high to pay for a player who is only useful for six months.

Of course, if they'd lend him to us................................................he'd do a good job bench-warming.

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Is apparently unhappy at Hillsborough. Come on Tony, the final piece of the promotion jigsaw!

As others have pointed out, there is a risk with players who refuse to play. It could happen here, were he to join. CH's man management skills may be good and he might feel that he can harness F's talents to the benefit of the team, but where would he play?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As others have pointed out, there is a risk with players who refuse to play. It could happen here, were he to join. CH's man management skills may be good and he might feel that he can harness F's talents to the benefit of the team, but where would he play?

Instead of Baldock is the obvious answer, he's a heck of a player when in the right mind, he's not the type we need though, as has been said i would worry about him disrupting our unity

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Instead of Baldock is the obvious answer, he's a heck of a player when in the right mind, he's not the type we need though, as has been said i would worry about him disrupting our unity
Yes, that would seem so -I am not keen because of his temperament, but possibly a loan, with the proviso that the first strop would mean instant sending back. He does have talent, which I accept.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Forestieri & Knockaert in the same team? Can't see it in a million years.

If it's fair to describe Knockaert as a luxury player (I don't necessarily think it is, as he's been consistently that good), then Forestieri is even more of one. I'd rather have Solly, or WJM, or Skalak, players who you know will run through brick walls for their Albion team-mates..

I don't see Forestieri as the same sort of guy. Far too flaky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely the teams much lauded spirit doesn't just come from the players.
It comes from the top down, and has to be set by the manager, where he leads they follow.

Fortunately the club won't be acquiring the services of a proper hatstand.
Anyone joining the club won't upset the applecart, Chris won't let him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I like him as a player and in my opinion he has a value. Sadly I think SW value him a lot higher than he is actually worth. Defensively he gives you very little and that wouldn't go down well with the Manager so I think there would be better value to be had elsewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here