Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pentonville and up and over the wall they go.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They've been named:

_92309560_prisoners.jpg

James Whitlock (left) and Matthew Baker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sad thing is they'll get not extra time added. I'd give them another 10 yrs.

It is an offense to escape from custody usually incurring a further term of imprisonment.#
#

It is being suggested that they had outside help and cutting equipment was sent in via drone. Why cant they activate something that makes a drone impossible to use in such areas.

Last edited:

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
It is an offense to escape from custody usually incurring a further term of imprisonment.#
#

It is being suggested that they had outside help and cutting equipment was sent in via drone. Why cant they activate something that makes a drone impossible to use in such areas.

Just read they had diamond cutters and next we'll find out they phoned A-plant and got the generator delivered directly to their hotel room.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Why would you do this - even if you could?

I'm guessing they are British and not loaded, so probably don't have a life in a murky country with no extradition treaty to the UK lined up. They'll be caught after a week or so of not having much fun unable to contact family, and then do a considerable amount longer on top of the crime they are already accused of.

Just goes to show what happens when the Tories are allowed to run the country, cut thousands of warders and what do you think happens ?

107 escapes in 13 years under labour. (1997 to 2010)
5 in 5 years since. (2010 to 2015)

What's your point again?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
107 escapes in 13 years under labour. (1997 to 2010)
5 in 5 years since. (2010 to 2015)

What's your point again?

That sounded like the Department of Made-Up statistics to me, so I checked this.

There were 13 escapes last year, according to the government's own figures - exactly the same figure as the previous two years. So, that's 39 in the past three years alone (the government report doesn't go back further than that).

However, this doesn't include escapes from open prison - abscond in Home Office jargon. There were 105 in 2015, a reduction from 181 the previous year.

Can't find figures for last Labour government but the report does say they've been consistently low since 1998 so I wouldn't expect there to be much difference

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That sounded like the Department of Made-Up statistics to me, so I checked this.

There were 13 escapes last year, according to the government's own figures - exactly the same figure as the previous two years. So, that's 39 in the past three years alone (the government report doesn't go back further than that).

However, this doesn't include escapes from open prison - abscond in Home Office jargon. There were 105 in 2015, a reduction from 181 the previous year.

Can't find figures for last Labour government but the report does say they've been consistently low since 1998 so I wouldn't expect there to be much difference

There were 2 escapes from prison in 15/16, the rest of the 13 were from HMP or contractor transit......

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have they started the search in Pall Mall or Euston Road. If not there, spread the net wider to The Angel Islington and Whitehall then Whitechapel and Northumberland Ave. They can't get far that quickly unless their throwing large doubles and let's not forget, throw three in a row and they are back where they started!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Have they started the search in Pall Mall or Euston Road. If not there, spread the net wider to The Angel Islington and Whitehall then Whitechapel and Northumberland Ave. They can't get far that quickly unless their throwing large doubles and let's not forget, throw three in a row and they are back where they started!

Will they have to go directly to jail or will they be allowed to pass go and collect £200?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There were 2 escapes from prison in 15/16, the rest of the 13 were from HMP or contractor transit......

OK, you're only including actual escapes from prisons - something still didn't ring true and then I found statistics gathering had changed. The NOMS figures were for prisons but stats up to 2011/12 included open prisons and young offender institutes, so the criteria had changed. Some of these may be included in the abscond statistics

I haven't got time to look into this but I wouldn't mind betting that there's been very little change for decades

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
OK, you're only including actual escapes from prisons - something still didn't ring true and then I found statistics gathering had changed. The NOMS figures were for prisons but stats up to 2011/12 included open prisons and young offender institutes, so the criteria had changed. Some of these may be included in the abscond statistics

I haven't got time to look into this but I wouldn't mind betting that there's been very little change for decades

That would be classic political spin.......change the criteria, figures look better [emoji106][emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here