Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Most EXCITING player in the Championship

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A conversation from Saturday which I'd like to throw open to NSC's broad footballing knowledge base...

Is there a more EXCITING player in the Championship than Anthony Knockaert?

I don't mean "best player" nor "most valuable player" (Lewis Dunk probably eclipses him there for a start) but exciting. A player who can do wondrous things with a football who can get a crowd off their arses in anticipation of what he may do next.

Is there someone else in the Championship who can do this more than our own little diamond?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
There are plenty of players that can produce a rare moment of magic... But Knockaert seems to do it so frequently. My opinion, as a completely biased Albion fan, is that he is by far the most exciting player in the Championship.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
About his only weakness is the difference between his home form and away form. I can only really remember Reading away when he was brilliant and to a lesser extent Sheff Wed.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
No, I don't think there is anybody as exciting.

Forestieri would be up there, he's capable of the sublime but he doesn't have the trickery and unpredictability that Knockaert does.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
On his day that Foristieri chap at Wednesday can be sublime.

Forestieri came into my mind too. I guess Derby fans would suggest Will Hughes or even Tom Ince, when he can be bothered.

Has to be Knockaert for his mix of attacking play, dribbling skills, goals, assists and even tackling back. Not just another wide player, he is a real headache for opposing teams to play against. They know what he is capable of and presumably set out to counter him but so often fail. He has that rare 'X' factor with a quicksilver footballing brain, feet and ball skills. Reminds me of Peter Ward at his peak when decent defences knew what he was capable of but just could not cope with him.

Then there is AK's obvious passion for the game and rapport with the Albion fans. I suspect we might see that raised a notch or two when he returns to the team.

What a bargain too. How many other clubs must be kicking themselves they did not sign him?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Goals are exciting. If he stays fit for a decent spell, then Scott Hogan would be up their with Knockaert - albeit in a completely different way.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
AK, Foristieri, Ince, Ritchie, Hoolahan all players capable of those real moments of magic.

I do believe AK pips them all however.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just has to grow a beard and he might make it as number one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here