Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky - Brighton v Newcastle NOT yet chosen as a telly game

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst I am delighted that this isn't the case, it is very odd they have chosen to cover the Huddersfield game the following week instead.

Can they still change this? Is there a cut off where they can't touch it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst I am delighted that this isn't the case, it is very odd they have chosen to cover the Huddersfield game the following week instead.

Imagine they'll wait until they know when the game is..................:D

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
If it isn't sky it's the FA. Can we compile a list of organisations and people to complain about?

Winning football games means we have to broaden our complaining horizons temporalily.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It's to do with it being FA 4th round day I think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But even so, wouldn't they just pick it and then just move it to a time and date that works? Because they'd DEFINITELY want this game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
But even so, wouldn't they just pick it and then just move it to a time and date that works? Because they'd DEFINITELY want this game.

I think the idea is do NOT make plans for this game as it WONT be played at 3pm on the Saturday.
If either team are still in the cup, it's off.
If both get knocked out, it will be live on Sky and be moved.
More interesting is, BT & BBC have the Cup. Where will Sky put this game. Would they go up against say Man Utd v ???? 4th Round game? I know, Man Utd wont make the 4th Round.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
More likely to be shown on the rearranged date

Think that is the most likely and what Sky are probably gambling on. For it to be played on the Saturday we would both have to be knocked out of the cup in R3, and you can bet your bottom dollar that Sky will try and get it on whatever date it is rearranged for.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can they though? Didn't Sky reach an agreement with the FL to give five weeks notice before moving fixtures? Is that a hollow promise?

Wasn't there a get out though in that they can give shorter notice but the club(s) have to agree. Not sure we would turn down the TV money on this game as no doubt it would still be a large crowd anyway

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
26.1 All League Matches shall be arranged as soon as practicable. The intellectual property rights and all other rights in all lists of arrangements of such fixtures (if any) shall be vested in The League.

26.2 Any dispute between two or more Clubs as to the arrangement of League Matches shall be referred to and decided by The League, and The League shall have absolute discretion in that respect. All re-arrangements of League Matches must be submitted to and approved by The League.
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx#KMVfObZwZ2EE1JTl.99

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
The match will be on Sky and will be played on the original date & time as per the fixture list.
Sky will just get Albion's and Newcastle's Cup games moved if either or both are still in it.
Granted, this will be a precedent, but then Sky tend to do whatever they f**king well like.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Wasn't there a get out though in that they can give shorter notice but the club(s) have to agree. Not sure we would turn down the TV money on this game as no doubt it would still be a large crowd anyway

Can they though? Didn't Sky reach an agreement with the FL to give five weeks notice before moving fixtures? Is that a hollow promise?

In the case though, the FA will move the game (as 4th rd fa cup), and Sky can then just say 'do you mind if we rock up with our cameras'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here