Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Steve Sidwell on Talk Sport

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very good club ambassador is Steve....sounds as though he's genuinely loving it here, and emphasised the strength of spirit in the squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talking of back up centre midfielders.

Ollie Norwood.

To me his cameos (word up) seem to be more impressive, of late.
He certainly appears to be further forward with more attacking intent.

I can't work out if he's finding his groove, his position has been altered or it's just a case of a rising tide ...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Ollie Norwood.

I can't work out if he's finding his groove, his position has been altered or it's just a case of a rising tide ...

Budding DJ eh [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? :rave:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Ollie Norwood.

Looks a bit pedestrian pace-wise ... but certainly has ability,.. overall a decent asset to the squad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ollie Norwood.

Usually got Sidwell and Stephens sitting behind him, so he's able to go forward more ?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why is a thread about one of our players OT? No big deal, just seemed strange.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Class signing, and to think the know it alls thought he was not worth keeping on a permanent...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The funny thing is his goal (despite it being the best thing my eyes will ever witness) was not actually the thing which pleased me most.

His all round performance on Saturday was magnificent. Did EXACTLY what he was brought in to do. At times you can see the legs are not quite as nippy as they used to be but the footballing brain is as strong as ever (much like with Bobby).

The fact he then topped it off with a moment of sheer brilliance is the icing on the ginger cake.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The funny thing is his goal (despite it being the best thing my eyes will ever witness) was not actually the thing which pleased me most.

His all round performance on Saturday was magnificent. Did EXACTLY what he was brought in to do. At times you can see the legs are not quite as nippy as they used to be but the footballing brain is as strong as ever (much like with Bobby).

The fact he then topped it off with a moment of sheer brilliance is the icing on the ginger cake.

Agreed. He was brilliant all game on Saturday and would have been man of the match for me without the goal. Similarly, against Norwich, it was only Murray's three goals that stopped Sidwell getting man of the match there too.

I must admit I was worried when we were told Kayal would be out for a couple of months but the form of Sidwell (and Norwood/Stephens alongside him) since the international break has more than made up for the loss of Kayal. There are going to be some interesting decisions to make once Kayal comes back if Sidwell is still in this form.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why is a thread about one of our players OT? No big deal, just seemed strange.
Why are any threads marked 'O/T'? This board isn't just for BHA topics. (Unless it's changed)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here