Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planet Earth II

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Watching on catch-up. Those snakes are one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen.

I'm glad you said that, as I just said similar to Mrs Nylon.

Our 7 year old daughter is desperate to watch this, but 8 o'clock is well after her bedtime so I said she could watch it on catch-up with me another time. Then I saw the footage of the snakes and knew that that will result in nothing other than countless nightmares and sleepless nights. (Having said that, her 5 year old brother would bloody LOVE it).

I'm hopeful she will just forget all about it, if I'm honest...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's on in the background with no sound as I was listening to the Fans Forum. On the occasions that I've looked at the tv screen the camera shots look incredible.

It's recording so shall catch up later and am looking forward to it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wonderful, beautiful, astonishing (reaches for thesaurus)...

Just incredible TV. You could double my licence fee right now and I'd not even notice.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wonderful, beautiful, astonishing (reaches for thesaurus)...

Just incredible TV. You could double my licence fee right now and I'd not even notice.

Yeah, to a point.

But I reckon they should update it a bit and introduce audience interaction, where you can 'vote off' an animal each week by text, with Sir David Attenborough doing the manufactured delay in announcing which animal has to 'go home.'

In the event of deadlock, they could get Louis Walsh to cast the deciding vote.

"You look like Tree Frog, you sound like a Tree Frog - you're a ready-made Tree Frog!"

Just an idea :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Those racer snakes can **** right off! Looked like a scene from Indiana Jones. Slippery turbo charged ****s.

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yes the snakes were proper scary. But the penguins in the surf. Holy sh*t, how did ANY of them survive that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing, the red crab migration was amazing

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
No Z-list 'reality' stars, no scripts, no wannabes wailing away for public votes, no politics, no canned laughter or vulgarity.

Just seriously good tv with natural drama, peril, intrigue, sadness and joy all captured by a very talented and dedicated bunch of program makers.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No Z-list 'reality' stars, no scripts, no wannabes wailing away for public votes, no politics, no canned laughter or vulgarity.

Just seriously good tv with natural drama, peril, intrigue, sadness and joy all captured by a very talented and dedicated bunch of program makers.
Spot on....This is what TV is all about as many people need to realise that shite like the XFACTOR is nothing in comparison:clap2:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Watching on catch-up. Those snakes are one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen.

My daughter had a brown rearing up ready to strike at her in the last few days! Why am I going to Oz again?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some quality footage of fighting komodo dragons to recycle for WHC 2017 as well.

They're not hard. They just had a bit of a wrestling match. They didn't even break the other's skin.

Now, the chinstrap penguins, braving 60 foot waves, against jagged rocks, then walking two miles every other day, just to feed the chicks? That's hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here