Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Elvis Manu.....

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Watching him for the last few warm ups, I have noticed he is either lazy or is desperate to be sold ( yes I have read the news reports)
he is either a yard behind the rest of the squad when jogging or when stretching he dont appear to put the effort in as the others do,

But yesterday I was in the stand very early and as the team walked out to inspect the pitch etc , they gathered in the centre circle apart from .........Manu he was about 5- 10 yards away pissing about on his phone and taking selfies.

I doubt we will see much more of him when the injured players are back.
Personally I hope he goes sooner rather than later. the guy appears to be a wages thief who dont give a toss.

over and out

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's a tough one,ultimately we have on paper wasted at least £1.5M in reality and the lad has wasted at least a year of his career........best we get shot.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
With the current feelgood factor and team spirit (AK situation etc.) it's quite sad to an "outsider" not partaking in it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Quite right, but I do think he should be sent back out on loan to earn himself a bit of me time and learn his trade in the UK.

He can't be loaned.

Blokes a waste of space and given his recent press comments, surprised Hughton has kept him in the match day squads

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The days have gone, where we need to have sympathy for players who are just not good enough to make their mark. Certainly for the past few seasons, all of them have been extremely well paid. It should be an absolute priveledge to come to a fantastic part of the world, train at world class facilities and have no financial worries. Anyone who doesn't appreciate all that and wants to sulk for no other reason than they just weren't good enough, gets what they deserve - no sympathy from me.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought in the cup games he showed a bit of flare however if you don't get a chance to come on for twenty minutes in a leauge game it must be hard for the lad.
The one thing I know we don't want anything to upset the team spirit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
March and Lua Lua being back should mean we've seen the last of Elvis.

Gone in January.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The days have gone, where we need to have sympathy for players who are just not good enough to make their mark. Certainly for the past few seasons, all of them have been extremely well paid. It should be an absolute priveledge to come to a fantastic part of the world, train at world class facilities and have no financial worries. Anyone who doesn't appreciate all that and wants to sulk for no other reason than they just weren't good enough, gets what they deserve - no sympathy from me.

Spot on. No passengers allowed now. We are not titting about at Withdean where we would be grateful for "flair" players like Manu.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
When you are out of the team with little or no chance of playing other than perhaps a few minutes towards the end of a game, it must be difficult to stay motivated and part of the group. However this is where the manager gets to see the character and determination of the individual, some players will relax into accepting their lot, whereas others will double their efforts to either force their way back into the team, or to ensure they are ready to grasp the chance if someone is injured to ensure they stay in the team when they get there.
The difference between winners and top players and average players.
With the spirit and commitment shown by many of the first team squad the actions of Manu stand out more than perhaps at other clubs. I fully expect him to be following Holla back to Holland in January.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know why, but I DO feel a bit sorry for Manu, or to give him his full name, Manu-Offsideagain. He should probably never have signed as he's just not good enough. I guess he thought he'd get his chance but even when that has come, he just hasn't stepped up sufficiently well. I reckon he's the sort of player who could be a success at another club, sometimes people just don't fit at a club for no apparent reason. Who was that shite loanee who ended up at Swindon where he still is? I reckon Manu-Offsideagain is better than he was, so maybe a lower-half Championship club might be interested in him?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I don't know why, but I DO feel a bit sorry for Manu, or to give him his full name, Manu-Offsideagain. He should probably never have signed as he's just not good enough. I guess he thought he'd get his chance but even when that has come, he just hasn't stepped up sufficiently well. I reckon he's the sort of player who could be a success at another club, sometimes people just don't fit at a club for no apparent reason. Who was that shite loanee who ended up at Swindon where he still is? I reckon Manu-Offsideagain is better than he was, so maybe a lower-half Championship club might be interested in him?

Which would be fine, if he hadn't screwed things up last season with Huddersfield. His cards are marked in the Championship.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here