Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is all going to go pear shaped isn't it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess you'd have to be a long time Albion fan to know what I mean here :lolol:

Now I admit I can be either ecstatic or depressed about all things Albion but the way things are going at the moment is just plain worrying. We are beating top six teams for fun, we can lose key players and you wouldn't even know and the spirit in the squad is better than anything I've known since the Mullery years.

Can we really do this?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Boton-correcto.png
6360332848479256421674353763_yes.jpg
images.png
3f84003.jpg :blush:

Yes we can do this, believe.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I guess you'd have to be a long time Albion fan to know what I mean here :lolol:

Now I admit I can be either ecstatic or depressed about all things Albion but the way things are going at the moment is just plain worrying. We are beating top six teams for fun, we can lose key players and you wouldn't even know and the spirit in the squad is better than anything I've known since the Mullery years.

Can we really do this?
I'm not sure, but we beat a good City team last night in second gear. With Kayal, Knocky and Rosenior to come back as well we must have a chance.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Who knows? Enjoy the good times whilst we've got them.

A wise man once said, forget yesterday, you can't change it; forget tomorrow as it hasn't happened yet, and enjoy today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Can we really do this?
Welcome to my world.

I'm certain this whole fantastic experience will go breasts up from the very moment I believe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who knows? Enjoy the good times whilst we've got them.

A wise man once said, forget yesterday, you can't change it; forget tomorrow as it hasn't happened yet, and enjoy today.

I'd forgotten I'd said that :smile:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ever the pessimist, I'm just happy we are 16 points from safety! :wozza:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm more worried about banana skins than pear shapes.

The Villa and Fulham games are looking potentially slippy.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Last year I don't think I ever truly believed that we would pull it off. During the long unbeaten run there were too many draws and unconvincing wins. By the end of the season, when we were really going through the gears, we were always trying to catch up ground.

This year feels a little different to me. I sense the squad is stronger, more adaptable and just has more steel.

Weve finished 6th, 4th and 3rd. One more step needed (although two would be nice).

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I'm not sure, but we beat a good City team last night in second gear. With Kayal, Knocky and Rosenior to come back as well we must have a chance.

Averaging 2.125 points per game. 30 games left. Need 0.2 points per game to avoid relegation and approx 1.9 PPG to get automatic promotion. A long way to go but we have five points to play with. Fingers crossed.
The three promoted sides from last season are all doing ok. Perhaps next season it`ll be us who draw with Man City.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the last two international breaks are representative of the season so far, we'll come out sluggishly in the first home game after the break and get turned over, before then kicking on and getting some major momentum going. CH immediate challenge during this upcoming break would appear to be keeping the squad fired up for the Villa game. Tho perhaps the return of AK following his very sad loss will ensure that this happens anyways. Either way, it's looking increasingly less likely that it will go pear shaped. One more bad result and Norwich will be sacking their manager. At the slightest sign of a blip, Newcastle fans will be throwing their toys out of the pram. Most important thing is to maintain or increase that gap to the play-off places.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think it's entirely possible we will cruise to promotion alongside newcastle. We look far better than most teams, simple as that.
Fans always worry it will go pear shaped but I doubt that's on the players' minds

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Can we really do this?

We are looking ominously good at the moment. I think they have learnt from last season

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It might do, so enjoy it while it lasts I say. There'll be enough moaning and negativity and joylessness when we have bad spells or seasons so make the most of the good times.

Looking at the season so far I'd say there's a fair chance that we won't muck it up. January is obviously crucial but as things stand I'm not sure where the challenge will come form. The longer Norwich keep their manager and refuse to defend the greater the chance of us finishing above them. I'm not sure Huddersfield have it in them to get to the high eighties points wise although, unlike seemingly many, I think they'll make the play offs comfortably. Sheffield Wednesday haven't got into any rhythm yet and Derby and Villa have too much to do to get 88-90 points. So, it's down to us, if we can keep on keeping on then we have a really good shot at promotion. It helps that Newcastle are top, all the media focus is on them so we can hide in their slipstream and cruise along without any hype or being noticed.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy the season until it ends in tears of joy or sorrow.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think one of either Fulham or Leeds could still get into the mixture. Both have dedicated fans, both have history at the top level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It might do, so enjoy it while it lasts I say. There'll be enough moaning and negativity and joylessness when we have bad spells or seasons so make the most of the good times.

Looking at the season so far I'd say there's a fair chance that we won't muck it up. January is obviously crucial but as things stand I'm not sure where the challenge will come form. The longer Norwich keep their manager and refuse to defend the greater the chance of us finishing above them. I'm not sure Huddersfield have it in them to get to the high eighties points wise although, unlike seemingly many, I think they'll make the play offs comfortably. Sheffield Wednesday haven't got into any rhythm yet and Derby and Villa have too much to do to get 88-90 points. So, it's down to us, if we can keep on keeping on then we have a really good shot at promotion. It helps that Newcastle are top, all the media focus is on them so we can hide in their slipstream and cruise along without any hype or being noticed.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy the season until it ends in tears of joy or sorrow.

Think this is realistically the last season to keep the core squad together without a major rebuild. Some key players aren't getting any younger and/or are only ours on loan. Others will be cherry-picked by lower level Premier League clubs over the summer. This season is SO shit-or-bust in many ways. Reckon everybody in the club is acutely aware of that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Can we really do this?

I really like this post, being a 40+ year Brighton fan.

However, yes we can and no it won't go pear shaped.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Think this is realistically the last season to keep the core squad together without a major rebuild. Some key players aren't getting any younger and/or are only ours on loan. Others will be cherry-picked by lower level Premier League clubs over the summer. This season is SO shit-or-bust in many ways. Reckon everybody in the club is acutely aware of that.

Yeah, if we don't go up we'll be saying goodbye to a number of players. Which is why I'm gonna enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here