Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy victory against Manchester United day.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Strange seeing the North Stand as an open terrace. What exactly happened to the old roof cover - from vague memory was it a safety issue?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The north roof was deemed unsafe, I think, please correct me, we went about two seasons without one and they built a new one, cantilever style. Oh the memories.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Great day, if a bit tasty in the North when we scored. 6 November 1982.

Did I spot a young BG claiming it should have been a penalty? Was it Robbo got flattened?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ah, memories. that shot of the 0-0 scoreline at half time takes me back. THAT was the view from the back of the North...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The north roof was deemed unsafe, I think, please correct me, we went about two seasons without one and they built a new one, cantilever style. Oh the memories.
Was that when they also redid the steps giving them greater height and depth? The old steps were wearing away and very shallow.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It was my 24th birthday.I was stood in line with the Ward goal and vividly remember the North Stand exploding into raptures at the triumphant return of the Messiah ... memories indeed

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Ahhhhhh 1982.
Missed a fair few games the arse end of 81-82 season as I was at war.

Back for that game though :smile:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was at that game, stood on the East with my dad. Amazing to think it was so many years ago, when I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Proper football, for me anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here