Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyche still after Stephens

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That gravel throated Pillock still after signing Stephens. Looking to bid 6m for a player near the end of his contract. Would you accept it or tell him to do one. I'd say on yer bike

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The answer of course is to tell him to do one.

Promotion is worth £130 million per year, so £6 million is just pennies.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
from what i can gather it wasn't that we just didn't want to sell him in the summer, but that the tossers from burnley wanted to pay a fiver up front and then £6,999,995 on condition that Burnley won the champions league and stephens scored a hatrick in the final, thus not allowing us to spend any money on a replacement.

on that basis alone i say we tell to feck off again

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You can't fault Stephens for his suck it up and knuckle down attitude since Burnley's interest. That said, Burnley are more than holding their own in the PL, and he must look out for their results and think about what might have been. Tricky one, but if he's as bought into our 'as one team spirit' as he seems to be and we keep going the way we are then....well...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Stephens will be a prem league player next season regardless. Lets hope its with us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That gravel throated Pillock still after signing Stephens. Looking to bid 6m for a player near the end of his contract. Would you accept it or tell him to do one. I'd say on yer bike

Where's the source on this? Assuming he's come out and said that directly it's pathetic. We're in early Nov ffs - Dyche thinks he can just keep opening his mouth to unsettle our player? We were better than you last year Dyche - they say the table doesn't lie but it did this time - one man got you promoted. **** off :thumbsup:

BTW the decision to hang on to Dale was a great one it seems. Credit to him for knuckling down. I think he'll sign a new contract with us soon - if we get that 5 point gap even bigger it would help too...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stephens will be a prem league player next season regardless. Lets hope its with us.

Exactly this. It's up to him & us as a team now. It's win/win for him in my opinion...

I would also point out we're a bigger club than Burnley with 10 times better facilities - I know what I'd do...!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Where's the source on this? Assuming he's come out and said that directly it's pathetic. We're in early Nov ffs - Dyche thinks he can just keep opening his mouth to unsettle our player? We were better than you last year Dyche - they say the table doesn't lie but it did this time - one man got you promoted. **** off :thumbsup:

BTW the decision to hang on to Dale was a great one it seems. Credit to him for knuckling down. I think he'll sign a new contract with us soon - if we get that 5 point gap even bigger it would help too...
is this not contrary to any fa rulings.......fair enough if he still wants DS but he needs to kep his big , ginger ,northern trap shut.....the twatt.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
He'll go there for free if we don't go up. He won't go in January. It was Tony's gamble to take by not cashing in.

Tony's quite good at gambling.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can't let him go now the team spirit is fantastic I can't see anyone going other than ince kll and manu maybe towell out on loan too

As mentioned above, the team spirit is fantastic.
DS leaving would be like being told at school, your not picked for the best side with all of your mates in, only joining the other side with acne, specs and greasy hair. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
is this not contrary to any fa rulings.......fair enough if he still wants DS but he needs to kep his big , ginger ,northern trap shut.....the twatt.

Seems a stupid thing for him to do after a win in the prem - seems a little obsessed with Dale? Maybe he wants Kayal too after seeing him totally smash Joey Barton for 90 mins :lol:

But stil waiting on the source of this from the OP to read the exact comments before passing more judgement...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It would make zero sense to sell him. We kept him as we thought he would help us get top two. That hasn't change expect for us to be closer than in September. We'be already accepted loosing him at the end of the season for nothing if we don't go up.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I think Dale will become a Burnley player, it's just a case of when.

I think it's common knowledge his family and himself want a move back up North and if I'm honest I think his mind has already been made up, whilst you can't knock his attitude and performances since his move was denied, I get the distinct impression he wasn't at all happy about the decision and will therefore leave for free in the summer.

My understanding is the contract offer has been on the table for quite a while and the club and Dale are no closer to a new deal being signed.

Very difficult one, you feel Dale holds the cards rather than us, that said we hold the cards until the end of the season and having to find a replacement will be a nice problem should we be playing in the promised land next season.

PS - A massive part of me want Burnley to struggle and be firmly in the bottom 3 as that swings the balance of power back towards ourselves.

Jan 10, 2014
Seems a stupid thing for him to do after a win in the prem - seems a little obsessed with Dale? Maybe he wants Kayal too after seeing him totally smash Joey Barton for 90 mins :lol:

But stil waiting on the source of this from the OP to read the exact comments before passing more judgement...

Dyche hasn't said anything, as he never does involving transfers.

It fits some folks narrative on here because they are quite obsessed with him and want to talk him down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here