Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More sloppy journalism

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wish some of the people who rush to condemn journalists could have a go at writing match reports under deadline pressure. Player ratings are an afterthought when you're trying to stitch an intro onto a running report and they won't have been revisited with a rewrite due for the next edition. John Aizlewood is a top bloke, by the way.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I wish some of the people who rush to condemn journalists could have a go at writing match reports under deadline pressure. Player ratings are an afterthought when you're trying to stitch an intro onto a running report and they won't have been revisited with a rewrite due for the next edition. John Aizlewood is a top bloke, by the way.

I will give him a 5 out of 10. Haven't noticed if I've read any of his other work, bit like his viewing of the game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sloppy seconds moment, listening to Talk Sport breakfast this morning, a mention of HaHa in contention for an England call.
Because Southgate is an old friend of Pardew. :whistle:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought the report was fair but the ratings looked rushed. How Bruno could get a 6 the way he led the team, marshalled the defence and got forward is also a mystery. Everyone gets a 7 upwards in my book.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Bong and Murphy getting a 5 and 6 respectively is ridiculous. And Norwood a 4?! Didn't seem to put a foot wrong when he came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don't forget that we're looking at players we watch regularly and whose every pass and header we scrutinise. I couldn't give you player ratings for the City team that many of their fans would agree with because I wasn't much concerned with what they were doing. In all probability the sub phoned the writer and said "player ratings?" At which point he tried to remember who did what away from the major incidents. Not too successfully, I admit.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Probably used a random number generator for the ratings

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Whilst we were on way back from the game last night, listening to talksport and around 8-40pm there was a Newcastle fan on, whom started with something along the lines of there is great man Chris Hooooooton (I believe this is how it was pronounced) down at Brighton who should be considered for the England job. Now this got me thinking that for a moment, that here is a genuine football fan who has actually recognised Brighton in the league and was going to pay us a compliment. Er wrong I was, then it was back spouting about Newcastle running away with the league, next followed by a delirious Leeds fan asking do they think that Leeds could mount a challenge against Newcastle for top spot :facepalm:. Jesus I don't think we are in the same league as this lot because they all wearing blinkers. No other mention of us at all we clearly do not exist.
So do Newcastle see us as a real threat and want to big our manager for the England role so it upsets our rhythm.
:moo:

:albion2::albion2:

Don't forget that we're looking at players we watch regularly and whose every pass and header we scrutinise. I couldn't give you player ratings for the City team that many of their fans would agree with because I wasn't much concerned with what they were doing. In all probability the sub phoned the writer and said "player ratings?" At which point he tried to remember who did what away from the major incidents. Not too successfully, I admit.

As someone who has worked a full career as a public transport planner, I am well used to the FACT that everyone in the world can do my job better than I can. Journalists are now subject to the same scrutiny.

I blame social media.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Whilst we were on way back from the game last night, listening to talksport and around 8-40pm there was a Newcastle fan on, whom started with something along the lines of there is great man Chris Hooooooton (I believe this is how it was pronounced) down at Brighton who should be considered for the England job. Now this got me thinking that for a moment, that here is a genuine football fan who has actually recognised Brighton in the league and was going to pay us a compliment. Er wrong I was, then it was back spouting about Newcastle running away with the league, next followed by a delirious Leeds fan asking do they think that Leeds could mount a challenge against Newcastle for top spot :facepalm:. Jesus I don't think we are in the same league as this lot because they all wearing blinkers. No other mention of us at all we clearly do not exist.
So do Newcastle see us as a real threat and want to big our manager for the England role so it upsets our rhythm.
:moo:

:albion2::albion2:

Personally, I reckon the fat butcher could do a job for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here