Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards at Ashton Gate - take a bow

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
The friendliest bunch of stewards I have ever come across at an away ground. Programme sellers were scarce and I thought I could buy a programme inside the ground. Having asked when we had got our seats, the steward apologised and said I could go back outside to buy one. He started to show me where one might be sited, and then said no don't worry I'll take you there, which he did. He even suggested that I bought a load to sell back inside our end!

When we were leaving - genuine good wishes for a safe return journey home from two stewards.

Great ground too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The friendliest bunch of stewards I have ever come across at an away ground. Programme sellers were scarce and I thought I could buy a programme inside the ground. Having asked when we had got our seats, the steward apologised and said I could go back outside to buy one. He started to show me where one might be sited, and then said no don't worry I'll take you there, which he did. He even suggested that I bought a load to sell back inside our end!

When we were leaving - genuine good wishes for a safe return journey home from two stewards.

Great ground too.

Agreed, great bunch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just seen that. Apart from a bit of noise at the start of the mins silence didn't see anything but we were the other side of the goal to the BCFC fans. Did see the tit pitchside towards the end with his shirt off.....not sure what that was about

More than his shirt off

DSC00135.JPG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just seen that. Apart from a bit of noise at the start of the mins silence didn't see anything but we were the other side of the goal to the BCFC fans. Did see the tit pitchside towards the end with his shirt off.....not sure what that was about

[tweet]795006718602334208[/tweet]

Playing Devils Advocate a bit here....

Thought they were slack (but very friendly) , which is why I guess they are being praised by some. I was near the divide with the BC fans yesterday. 2nd half they sorted it, but first half there were maybe 2 or 3 on the separation line and via the vestibule, fans could walk through if they wished.

Cue 10 mins before kick off a dozen or so pissed up gobby albion hoolies who in other stadia would have been told to calm down (and subseqhently come on here and moaned about OTT stewarding) were goading city. Then one of them jumps the tar pooling creating a few minutes of handbags. Last time I saw any fans go 'over the top' was Millwall at home a couple of years ago, but they did also overcome a line of stewards too.

2nd half, couple of extra in the vestibule, and one in every other seat and no more handbags. One strange Albion creature who thought it would be fun to jump into the sterlie area with his shirt over his head, thus hiding his face and showing his belly, was I think, the last of ours to told asked to leave.

Few more of theirs were sent on their way.

Maybe we had a good reputation, and as always, most of us lot were amazing, but as said on the thread about the 9 year kid, 'that' element were on show yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here