Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berem Kayal

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When Kayal regains fitness in December where does he fit in to the team given the form of players who are
Currently replacing him.Do he automatically
Get his place back or does he have to wait for his chance to get back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When Kayal regains fitness in December where does he fit in to the team given the form of players who are
Currently replacing him.Do he automatically
Get his place back or does he have to wait for his chance to get back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll be waiting, it's the way Hughton works.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd argue Sidwell and Stephens are performing better than Kayal/Stephens last season...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who knows? This is a common problem for Prem clubs with decent squads, I trust Hughton to make the right decision. Someone usually gets injured or suspended anyway.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sidwell has been outstanding and wont be dropped unless fitness or games under his belt are too much if he keeps his form. As it should be.

Personally kayal and stephens work as a better pair. However sidwells form is a beatiful thing. This time last season we would have been up shit creak.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's see what position we're in when he's available. He is one of, if not the most important player for us along with Knocky let's not forget. But Sidwell & Stephens can't be dropped at present. I wonder if Kayal & Stephens will sign soon - especially with a few weeks off now...? Would be silly not to in my opinion. Big pay rise if we go up and a higher wage surely on offer...

Ps - I noticed on Kayal's Instagram that he didn't have the boot thing on the other day - this is a recent thing if it's off permanantly now :thumbsup:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Stephens and Sidwell are in great form AT THE MOMENT. I'll still be much more satisfied when Kayal is back, even if S&S's form carries on. Imagine having Kayal off the bench vs tiring sides.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
He will go straight in to the squad then will have to wait for his chance , but I suspect with injuries and suspensions it would not be long

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Let's see what position we're in when he's available. He is one of, if not the most important player for us along with Knocky let's not forget. But Sidwell & Stephens can't be dropped at present. I wonder if Kayal & Stephens will sign soon - especially with a few weeks off now...? Would be silly not to in my opinion. Big pay rise if we go up and a higher wage surely on offer...

Ps - I noticed on Kayal's Instagram that he didn't have the boot thing on the other day - this is a recent thing if it's off permanantly now [emoji106]
It isn't off permanently yet - I saw him doing the school run in the week and he was still wearing it, but he looked to be walking fine even with it on. Probably a month or so away.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Simple, he comes into the squad once fully fit and waits to take his chance. If we keep winning and playing well with Sidwell & Stephens then he will only get cameo appearances, but if one of them gets injured or suspended then he may get his chance.

Strength in depth is what gains a club promotion, the ability to inter change players and still perform is vital

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So potentially soon:

Last season's BHA player of the season & young player of the season alongside August 2015 Championship player of the month, £8m rated England U21 wonderkid March and a Belgium international full back all warming our bench. Astonishing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So potentially soon:

Last season's BHA player of the season & young player of the season alongside August 2015 Championship player of the month, £8m rated England U21 wonderkid March and a Belgium international full back all warming our bench. Astonishing.
Let's not forget the place taken up by Mäenpää.

After that imagine adding Baldock and Hemed to the list, one of them along with Uwe, will have to miss out.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
All I say what a great problem to have and we will need to have a strong squad if we going to make the Premership.
Enjoy the season I used to watch Brighton all over the country ( third division)when we really won a game on the road. Now due to circumstances I don't get to many away games but I'll make the effort to get to a couple of away games this season.. well done all those fans who spend a fortune following the Albion away and home who expect the team to win everytime.That's how far the club has come.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sidders & Stephens have been class and are undroppable at the moment BUT let's not forget how good Kayal is all of a sudden! Our most important player along with Dunk & Knocky IMO...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The message to the whole squad has to be put in the performances in training & in matches and earn your starting place. Kayal will have to wait his time and take his opportunity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here