Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Penalty?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think they should have had one late on when Duffy grtabbed a handful of Wilbrahams shirt but full credit to Lee Johnstone he didnt mention it in his interview and harp on about it as many would have.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think they should have had one late on when Duffy grtabbed a handful of Wilbrahams shirt but full credit to Lee Johnstone he didnt mention it in his interview and harp on about it as many would have.

He was looking for it and the shirt pulling was a bit of a non event for me. Right decision.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Whether it was or wasn't BG, it's about Albion getting another clean sheet.
Focus on the positive :clap2:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't think it was a penalty but wouldn't have been overly-surprised to see it given the current trend of refs penalising for shirt-pulling. Seems that some do and some don't.

Wilbraham acted like a petulant child and was clearly looking for it. Utter carthorse playing three or four divisions above his level.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
He was already dragging his foot before any contact was made. Looking for it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was a penalty. Shit happens.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
As we saw it on telly, yes it was obvious. Considering it a normal match however, that isn't so rare so would have been harsh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The shirt pull was done blind side of ref - probably why he did it. I do hope Hughton takes him aside & has a quiet word. Would have been a silly way to put us under pressure if it'd been given in a game we bossed from the start. Duffy was class again though & we literally won everything in the air with Dunk & Duffs :thumbsup:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The shirt pull was done blind side of ref - probably why he did it. I do hope Hughton takes him aside & has a quiet word. Would have been a silly way to put us under pressure if it'd been given in a game we bossed from the start. Duffy was class again though & we literally won everything in the air with Dunk & Duffs :thumbsup:

Do wonder why defenders seem to do it so much. Got away with it yesterday.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Saw a few replays, and while there was shirt-pulling, looked like the fall came from a clash of feet. I really don't think Duffy threw him to the ground by his shirt

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He was looking for it and the shirt pulling was a bit of a non event for me. Right decision.

nailed on penalty completely missed by the ref......that will be shown many times throughout the week and something that particularly Duffy and Dunk need to iron out of their game.....they won't get away with it all season and these things have a way of evening out......i thought the ref was leaning towards us for most of the game.,,great result for us but Bristol City will feel they got nothing from the ref....and they didn't really.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Seen them given ie. Dunk at Turf Moor last season.

For sure, but lets be honest, that was a really poor decision.

These days there seems to be an acceptance that shirt pulling goes on, it seems to be when it restricts movement that it gets penalised. Wilbrahams was not restricted at all and just went down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here