Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Progressing in the cup

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair play to Bristol City today - they gave it their all but the gulf in class was just too great.

Always difficult for these lower league teams against a superior opponent but they did what they could.

Nice to see the Albion not need to move out of third gear. Looking forward to the return to league action.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Fair play to Bristol City today - they gave it their all but the gulf in class was just too great.

Always difficult for these lower league teams against a superior opponent but they did what they could.

Nice to see the Albion not need to move out of third gear. Looking forward to the return to league action.

Don't get carried away just yet Bozza

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Talking of the cup, I see Ade Akinfenwa's late goal for Wycombe (HOW many clubs?!?) did for Pompey today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Talking of the cup, I told anyone that would listen on here Reading at home was the perfect draw whilst many were moaning. I also was very vocally about not giving a **** when the ressies lost to them. Sorry, but I was right. No distractions needed - I recall Reading fans trying to gain some sort of bragging rights from winning that night too :lol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Next time I visit, I'll bring some eggs for you to count...

Edit: although, to be fair, I'd refer you to the tag line under my avatar, a tag which has been there since before the season started...

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Next time I visit, I'll bring some eggs for you to count...

I'm not counting any eggs with regard to our chances this season at all.

My clearly clumsy post was more a reflection on what a professional performance it was. Take the lead and then just control the game, seeing it out without needing to really exert ourselves. Very impressive.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The truth of the matter is that we didn't need to get out of 3rd gear because the supposed potency of BC as an attacking force didn't materialise because we defended all over the pitch. Excellent stuff.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

My clearly clumsy post was more a reflection on what a professional performance it was. Take the lead and then just control the game, seeing it out without needing to really exert ourselves. Very impressive.

whilst your cup ref is tongue in cheek, on that..........if things progress in a similar vein for the next 6 weeks and we can stay top 2, i actually hope we stick out a second string in the fa cup 3rd round and go out. (unless its palarse)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bozza's a top man but the first post does show a lack of respect for Bristol City. Considering they were in the wilderness in League One not so long ago to challenging for the play-offs in the Championship I think they're progressing very well.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Bozza's a top man but the first post does show a lack of respect for Bristol City. Considering they were in the wilderness in League One not so long ago to challenging for the play-offs in the Championship I think they're progressing very well.

This, somewhat similar to us in the early days at the AMEX, the first few seasons, and I guess they have (half) a new stadium too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's a shame you think that because it wasn't intended. Who the opposition were is an irrelevance. We went away to a top 6 side who are in decent nick and completely bossed the game.

As someone who lived in and around Bristol for 15 years, I keep a close eye on both teams in the city and I'm well aware of their progress.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a shame you think that because it wasn't intended. Who the opposition were is an irrelevance. We went away to a top 6 side who are in decent nick and completely bossed the game.

As someone who lived in and around Bristol for 15 years, I keep a close eye on both teams in the city and I'm well aware of their progress.

You're right. We were chatting about how it almost felt like a home performance. Almost total control, not really stretched, 2nd/3rd gear once we got 2 up.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

I can understand the result meant a lot to you having lived in Bristol for that long. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them after the League One play-off final in 2004 when so many of their fans wished us well with getting the new stadium. They were very gracious in defeat. That was an incredible day. I'm sure it was for you too, Bozza. :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

On re-reading your post, it's me who was clumsy - I was extrapolating what you were saying about our performance against one side into a comment on our prospects for the season. That says more about my hopes and desires than it does about your prose...

LVGull

May 13, 2016
On re-reading your post, it's me who was clumsy - I was extrapolating what you were saying about our performance against one side into a comment on our prospects for the season. That says more about my hopes and desires than it does about your prose...

Get a room

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I see you are partially repenting! A little harsh on them, and were the tables to be turned, we would have been angry. But you are quite right in that the performance coming on the back of similar impressive feats, was really good to watch, particularly at the back -both were immense. Hard not to get carried away, but you do sense excitement building.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here