Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hasselbaink sacked

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Being a merry go round it's never good seeing a yet another casualty long term or short term,with the knock on effect too eventually we will find ourselves with a Wolf at the door of the Amex-Target? Chris.......we need to get up this season.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
What's the job life expectancy of a manager these days? Hasselbaink didn't make the year. 3/92 are more than 5 years (a 4th on Wednesday)

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Could open the door for a home coming for Ian Holloway - proven in this league and knows the club !
Ps. I like the fella despite his past connections with the scum and he frequently speaks well of the Albion

theboybilly

Being a merry go round it's never good seeing a yet another casualty long term or short term,with the knock on effect too eventually we will find ourselves with a Wolf at the door of the Amex-Target? Chris.......we need to get up this season.

Probably totally irrational but I don't worry about CH being tempted away. He just doesn't seem the sort to do that. I so hope I'm not proven wrong

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Probably totally irrational but I don't worry about CH being tempted away. He just doesn't seem the sort to do that. I so hope I'm not proven wrong

I agree, Bloom's not a trigger happy chairman. Plenty in this league are, Hughton knows he has a fantastic opportunity to build something long term with us, and he has made a fantastic start. He knows that Bloom will stick with him through the inevitable dodgy spell, whereas plenty of these Chinese/Middle Eastern owned clubs think sacking their manager after a few bad results will instantly bring an upturn in fortunes. That rarely happens, so IMHO CH is staying put. He is a top-drawer manager who just oozes class, we are lucky to have him, and I sincerely believe, if we and him look around at our other options, neither could do much better.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I agree, Bloom's not a trigger happy chairman. Plenty in this league are, Hughton knows he has a fantastic opportunity to build something long term with us, and he has made a fantastic start. He knows that Bloom will stick with him through the inevitable dodgy spell, whereas plenty of these Chinese/Middle Eastern owned clubs think sacking their manager after a few bad results will instantly bring an upturn in fortunes. That rarely happens, so IMHO CH is staying put. He is a top-drawer manager who just oozes class, we are lucky to have him, and I sincerely believe, if we and him look around at our other options, neither could do much better.

Agree. Absolutely.
Many sackings at Cardiff but both Vincent Tan and Lakshmi Mittal are pedantically South East Asian both being Malaysian.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What's the job life expectancy of a manager these days? Hasselbaink didn't make the year. 3/92 are more than 5 years (a 4th on Wednesday)

Indeed. I remember the days when 'Manager of the Month' was an award. Now it's a job title.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

No i think you are right, i think i am with you,that's just the negative side in me coming through,i am a glass half full type normally,but realist at heart.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could open the door for a home coming for Ian Holloway - proven in this league and knows the club !
Ps. I like the fella despite his past connections with the scum and he frequently speaks well of the Albion

He'd never go back to QPR. Read his biography to see why.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

In the Championship less than half a season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here