Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were in charge of the Lewes Bonfire tableaux....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...what, or who, would you blow up?

I'll hazard a guess that nice Mr Trump will feature this year, but I'm also rather hoping for a large Southern Rail train too.

I'm sure we can think of a few Albion-centric ones :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'll hazard a guess that nice Mr Trump will feature this year, but I'm also rather hoping for a large Southern Rail train too.

Can't imagine it extending much beyond Trump and Southern Rail this year to be honest, other than maybe include the walking talking Spitting Image puppet that is Nigel Farage.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd give Dale Stephens a free ticket and a family sized box of matches :)

Wolverhampton+Wanderers+v+Manchester+City+M1kOrBIS-P-l.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Being a pretty left wing forum, I'd say democracy will be up there.

Firle Bonfire Society featured SASTA last Saturday, with a particular emphasis on the inconvenience that inaction by the train operator was causing to Albion supporters.

They also commemorated the life of David Bowie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Firle Bonfire Society featured SASTA last Saturday, with a particular emphasis on the inconvenience that inaction by the train operator was causing to Albion supporters.

Now there's two opposites.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's 7 different Bonfire Societies, so you can have several effigies. Trump, Farage and SASTA must be givens.

Has Katie Hopkins been blown up yet?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Wasn't it Firle bonfire that caused a bit of trouble a few years back with a gypsy caravan as an effigy?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Edenbridge are blowing up Trump apparently.

trump-effigy-1478100496.jpg

Wasn't it Firle bonfire that caused a bit of trouble a few years back with a gypsy caravan as an effigy?
Indeed, although it wasn't an effigy, it was a tableau that targeted Lewes District Council, who - for months - had refused to take any action to deal with an occupation by travellers of a pick-your-own strawberries farm. After almost a year of investigation, the CPS decided that no offence had been committed by any members of the bonfire society.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A rich and varied range of options this year...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
it was a tableau that targeted Lewes District Council, who - for months - had refused to take any action to deal with an occupation by travellers of a pick-your-own strawberries farm.

Well, they did pick their own strawberry farm. And yet people still complain :shrug:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
A very rich crop of targets this year. Clinton, Cameron, Corbyn,Southern, Farage, Gove & Trump (which sounds like a s*** Trumpton roll call). And Johnson too.

You could even make a case for an effigy of the Grim Reaper after all of his handiwork this year. Shocking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to think that scheduled burning of the effigy was delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.

Or, as somebody else has already suggested on Twitter, cancelled in favour of an effigy replacement bus service.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Almost forgot.

joey-barton-beram-kayal-championship_3442710.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here