Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Crocks London to Brighton

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I met a bloke years ago that had a few old cars and used to put a couple in it each year. He, and his pompous ******** friends, took offence at it being called the "Old Crocks Run" and wanted everyone to refer to it as "the London to Brighton Veteran Car Rally" or somesuch.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Might stay in the warm and dig out the excellent 'Genevieve'.

genny.jpg

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I met a bloke years ago that had a few old cars and used to put a couple in it each year. He, and his pompous ******** friends, took offence at it being called the "Old Crocks Run" and wanted everyone to refer to it as "the London to Brighton Veteran Car Rally" or somesuch.
stand corrected I am sure it was called that by locals however it would be great see some pictures of this year's event if the weather is good and support the enthusiast who keep it going. A good place to watch it is Cuckfield high street as they slow up for the village.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
stand corrected I am sure it was called that by locals however it would be great see some pictures of this year's event if the weather is good and support the enthusiast who keep it going. A good place to watch it is Cuckfield high street as they slow up for the village.

They hardly go more than jogging pace flat out do they?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
We always go and watch it for an hour or so each year as I did with my Dad when he was still alive, and I still refer to it as the "old crocks" as we did back then.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Chasing Classic Cars, an American TV programme about a very wealthy guy who buys expensive cars, had a full episode on him attempting to do the run in a 1903 Ford.
Wheeler Dealers also done the same thing.
Problem is that the drivers are so well wrapped up you cant see who they are.
Ken Bruce (radio 2) is driving his old bus down for Children in Need again this year.
Many years ago we would go to the A23 just north of Albourne as they struggled to get up the hill. Obviously the A23 has changed a lot since 1970's. Will be in Cuckfield again though this year.

D

Deleted User X18H

How very dare you!

This thread is a disgrace.

Mods!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here