Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship 4-5/11/16

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Currently goalless in Brentford v Fulham, the latter who many on here have named as a dark horse.

One early game tomorrow and the rest at 15:00, other than our own.

It seems quite remarkable that already we know we'll be second going into the international break even if we lose. Not sure we'll get many favours tomorrow - we have the most difficult fixture, on paper, of the top 5 (in bold below)

Elsewhere, Villa have a good opportunity to continue their run and maybe enter the top half of the table.

Brentford v Fulham Fri 19:45

Wolves v Derby 12:30
Aston Villa v Blackburn 15:00
Burton v Barnsley 15:00
Huddersfield v Birmingham 15:00
Newcastle v Cardiff 15:00
Norwich v Leeds 15:00
Nottm Forest v QPR 15:00
Rotherham v Preston 15:00
Sheff Wed v Ipswich 15:00
Wigan v Reading 15:00

Bristol City v Brighton 17:30

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is possible for us to not be 2nd highly unlikely but possible. It would need us to lose and Huddersfield turn around a 15 goal deficit, so lets hope we dont follow Norwich and get hammered.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is possible for us to not be 2nd highly unlikely but possible. It would need us to lose and Huddersfield turn around a 15 goal deficit, so lets hope we dont follow Norwich and get hammered.

I'm happy to wager anyone we'll be second tomorrow night.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We've the most difficult of the top 5 bar Hudders maybe, who I can see falling away.

We should have enough to see off Brizzle but I'd struggle not to take a point now

Fulham look to be dealing with the frenetic Brentford but look very ordinary

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I think the game for Huddersfield is a difficult one. Their slump after a bright start to the season I feel will continue with a defeat to the Brum.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That would still need 'Udders to put 10 past Birmingham!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It's possible that Rotherham will be champions with Burton Albion runners up ...but a tad unlikely

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Will be interesting to see how Norwich come back (from the hiding we gave them) against a disappointedly stable and competent looking Leeds team. That won't be an easy win.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Leeds Are flying at the moment. My best mate is a Leeds season ticket holder and bullish about their chances this season. That Scandinavian fella is a rock at the back and the winger they have on loan is flair and wood is doing what wood does. Not an easy one for Norwich.

Leeds already sold out vs newcastle. Apparently the feel good factor from their cup run vs lower league and championship reserve sides has got the city excited. Not quite champs league semi but a start.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Outside the Championship: does anyone know how former Albion striker, Sam Vokes, is getting on these days? :whistle:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Reading going well, 3-0 up at Wigan today. Leeds 1-1 at Norwich which is nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here