Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night "still second even if we lose" drinking thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last weekend's guest [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] brought a gift that he described as "something a bit special from my cellar". He spouted off about laying it down, drinking it some time in the next 15 years and to let it breathe and decant it.

It sounds like a perfect Christmas dinner wine.

However in the absence of anything else in the house, and as I can't be bothered to pop down to Tesco, I'm going to guzzle it tonight.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
3 pints of pravah (staropraman lite) in the railway and home for some bottles of singha

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Last weekend's guest [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] brought a gift that he described as "something a bit special from my cellar". He spouted off about laying it down, drinking it some time in the next 15 years and to let it breathe and decant it.

However in the absence of anything else in the house, and as I can't be bothered to pop down to Tesco, I'm going to guzzle it tonight.

What is it though?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cos d'Estournel, 2000. Presumably the year.

Unbelievably it seems to have bits in it. You don't get that with Tesco £4.99 specials.
Keep the big bits in the mug by drinking through a straw.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

I'm no expert but it seems to me that you've wasted the basis of a good coq au vin

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Cos d'Estournel, 2000. Presumably the year.

Unbelievably it seems to have bits in it. You don't get that with Tesco £4.99 specials.

If it's been laying down, you need to stand it up for a while before decanting it. Or use a tea-strainer.

We'll be having a little number from the west Midlands:
IMG_20161001_140643573.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We brought some of that back with us. Delicious stuff. Didn't last long though.

On the Whitstable Bay tonight.

Did you buy that from Lidl per chance?

I ask having made my first ever visit this week (my son had a Beavers outing to Shoreham lifeboat station and I had a bit of time to kill) and I'm sure I spied it amongst their beers at what looked like a decent price.

It's what I tend to drink in The Cyclist, I think.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Blimey, [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] : remind me to invite you round sometime :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Some Argentinian Malbec or other.

Slipping down nicely :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Friday night "still second even if we lose" drinking thread

Greyhound Brewery 'Amber Eyes' at the moment.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did you buy that from Lidl per chance?

I ask having made my first ever visit this week (my son had a Beavers outing to Shoreham lifeboat station and I had a bit of time to kill) and I'm sure I spied it amongst their beers at what looked like a decent price.

It's what I tend to drink in The Cyclist, I think.

No, but I have done previously. This is the Organic version from Sainsbury's. Very good for a bottled ale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here