Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calvin Andrew - Remember him?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
12 match ban for violent conduct! One of the longest suspensions ever given out.

Haven't seen the incident, but 12 matches! What did he do? Reports just say "an elbow"

BBC Sport

SAC

May 21, 2014
I can't seem to find a video of it anywhere, must be brutal for a 12 match ban. Or is he a repeat offender?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What is the common thread in this story?

Dale will be without the former Crystal Palace striker, who admitted to his violent conduct charge, until January.

Former Manchester United and France forward Eric Cantona was banned for nine months for a 'kung-fu' style kick on a Crystal Palace fan in 1995.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Dale will be without the former Crystal Palace striker, who admitted to his violent conduct charge, until January.

Former Manchester United and France forward Eric Cantona was banned for nine months for a 'kung-fu' style kick on a Crystal Palace fan in 1995.

The one Cantona got was the longest one anyone has received and the only one that's longer than Andrews. It's one game more than Di Canio got for pushing over a referee.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Another link is Calvin Andrew played on loan for the SEAGULLS, and Eric Cantona's trawler was followed by SEAGULLS.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ben Thatcher only got an 8 game ban for that horrific assault with his elbow on (I think) a Pompey player. Without doubt the worst 'tackle' I've ever seen.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I can't seem to find a video of it anywhere, must be brutal for a 12 match ban. Or is he a repeat offender?

Apparently the ref didn't see the incident and the FA imposed the ban using recorded footage instead, given that it seems odd that no videos of it or the aftermath have surfaced yet.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Remember him very well. Particularly that crucial equaliser he scored at Bristol Rovers during our great escape. Not as memorable as Gary Hart though rolling back the years in that must win fixture.

Only 6 years ago but feels like a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember him very well. Particularly that crucial equaliser he scored at Bristol Rovers during our great escape. Not as memorable as Gary Hart though rolling back the years in that must win fixture.

Yep - palace being stupid enough to loan him to us is one of the major reasons we are where we are today & why our attendances are so high. Never been a player that one club has done business with the other to come close to the significance of this one. I know a lot of CP2010FC fans are still sick just thinking about it today. Love having this bragging right forever me :thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

Must be more than 6 years. We moved back to the Amex 5 years ago, and were promoted the season before. So surely it was 7 or 8 years ago?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yep - palace being stupid enough to loan him to us is one of the major reasons we are where we are today & why our attendances are so high. Never been a player that one club has done business with the other to come close to the significance of this one. I know a lot of CP2010FC fans are still sick just thinking about it today. Love having this bragging right forever me :thumbsup:
It's a shame all of your work falls on deaf ears nowadays :thumbsup:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a shame all of your work falls on deaf ears nowadays :thumbsup:

This is a thread on a Rochdale player - please refrain from posting or you'll get another ban :wave: x

PS - I'm only quoting what some of my CPFC mates said to me before they went bust. Still hurts them now even though the franchise has changed :(

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I wonder whether the police will look into it. I remember the police getting involved when those 2 Newcastle players had a fight on the pitch (Bowyer and Dyer?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here