Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These full screen ads on NSC

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Is anyone else getting them every time you go on NSC (for Santander amongst others). Very annoying as you have to let them do their thing first and then click on the X top right to get rid. Is there anyway to turn them off, I.T. is not my strongest subject! Cheers

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
not anymore

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is anyone else getting them every time you go on NSC (for Santander amongst others). Very annoying as you have to let them do their thing first and then click on the X top right to get rid. Is there anyway to turn them off, I.T. is not my strongest subject! Cheers

No one who is logged in should get them. If you are, do please let me know so I can investigate.

Guests (ie not logged in) should only get 1 every 24 hours. I test it periodically myself, and haven't found more than that yet. Again, though, if you're logged in you shouldn't get any at all.

I'm looking at giving a completely ad-free option in the near future, so keep a look out for that.

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
No one who is logged in should get them. If you are, do please let me know so I can investigate.

Guests (ie not logged in) should only get 1 every 24 hours. I test it periodically myself, and haven't found more than that yet. Again, though, if you're logged in you shouldn't get any at all.

I'm looking at giving a completely ad-free option in the near future, so keep a look out for that.

doh, sorry yep for some reason I wasn't automatically logging in. I am now and ads have gone, cheers Bozza.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
doh, sorry yep for some reason I wasn't automatically logging in. I am now and ads have gone, cheers Bozza.

Hi I too am having trouble with these.
When I click on NSC the add comes up automatically and, if I hit the X top right to try and sign in, it comes back again. You say that when you sign in automatically the problem is resolved but how do you do that as I couldn't see it as an option in settings.
Cheers !

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

I get them every time - definitely no 24 hour rule. None after log in, but it's making it a real pain to get to the login screen. I've never managed to get an automatic login.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi I too am having trouble with these.
When I click on NSC the add comes up automatically and, if I hit the X top right to try and sign in, it comes back again. You say that when you sign in automatically the problem is resolved but how do you do that as I couldn't see it as an option in settings.
Cheers !

Check the 'save' box when you login.

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 16.08.29.png

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Aha - I've never noticed that save option before! I'll see if that helps. I previously used to just click login without entering username and password - you then get a secondary screen with the username and password populated (from keychain) - there is no save option on that secondary screen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aha - I've never noticed that save option before! I'll see if that helps. I previously used to just click login without entering username and password - you then get a secondary screen with the username and password populated (from keychain) - there is no save option on that secondary screen.

Mac/Safari? It should be able to remember your details from the front screen - mine does.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Quite why I need to view some funny looking geezer with horns, dodgy hands and a tail is beyond me. Not sure what the message is about but I still get it even though I've ticked the save box. Maybe teething troubles - probably his...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Other Stuff will look exactly like this in a day or two. It's currently horrible in many ways.

I quite like having The Other Stuff / Archive looking retro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here