Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Richards Hospital Chichester

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Got to get the wife down to St Richards Hospital Chichester tomorrow for 8:30 am, this is at very short notice, we'll be travelling from Sompting via A27. As I rarely travel down that neck of the woods can anybody help as to what the traffic is like around this time and what time we would need to leave ( I was thinking of leaving at 07:00 am).

Many thanks for any advice

:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That should be ok as son was working at Goodwood and to start at 8.30 he had to leave HH at 6.45 going through Storrington and Amberley. He tried the A27, which is your route, once and it was horrendous, he said.

Smiley Miley

Jan 16, 2015
Felpham
You may want to try going round the back via Washington, Storrington and Amberley and pick up the A29 at Whiteways Lodge.

Can be horrendous through Worthing, Arundel and into Chichester at that time, especially with the train strike.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
That should be ok as son was working at Goodwood and to start at 8.30 he had to leave HH at 6.45 going through Storrington and Amberley. He tried the A27, which is your route, once and it was horrendous, he said.

Thanks BG, don't really have any option other than to use the A27 so I'll just have to hope we get there in time.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Avoid the A27 if you can. If you instead go A24/A283/B2139/A29 then hop onto the A27 you'll miss out the portion through Arundel. Fontwell might still be a pain but you'll cut out a portion of the pain.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Avoid the A27 if you can. If you instead go A24/A283/B2139/A29 then hop onto the A27 you'll miss out the portion through Arundel. Fontwell might still be a pain but you'll cut out a portion of the pain.

Thanks, I might give this a go although my capacity to get lost following simple directions knows no bounds!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks, I might give this a go although my capacity to get lost following simple directions knows no bounds!

It sounds complicated, but it's easier than it sounds - head north on the A24 from the Offington Roundabout, left when you get to Washington roundabout and head into Storrington (it can be busy through there, be warned). At the 2nd roundabout you get to (a Tesco extra sits on that roundabout) take the 2nd exit towards Amberley - keep going until you hit the top of Bury Hill/Whiteways Roundabout - then take the 2nd Exit for Bognor/Chichester...which will bring you out at Fontwell.

Alternatively, you may find that my directions confuse and annoy you so you can always disregard them!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It sounds complicated, but it's easier than it sounds - head north on the A24 from the Offington Roundabout, left when you get to Washington roundabout and head into Storrington (it can be busy through there, be warned). At the 2nd roundabout you get to (a Tesco extra sits on that roundabout) take the 2nd exit towards Amberley - keep going until you hit the top of Bury Hill/Whiteways Roundabout - then take the 2nd Exit for Bognor/Chichester...which will bring you out at Fontwell.

Alternatively, you may find that my directions confuse and annoy you so you can always disregard them![/QUOTE]

Not in the least, you've been very helpful, Ive just checked it out on Google maps and by golly I'm going to give it a go, although the words of Capt Oats spring to mind "I'm just going out, I may be some time". :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Alternatively, you may find that my directions confuse and annoy you so you can always disregard them![/QUOTE]

Not in the least, you've been very helpful, Ive just checked it out on Google maps and by golly I'm going to give it a go, although the words of Capt Oats spring to mind "I'm just going out, I may be some time". :)

If your direction following is anything like mine, I'd leave now.
I got lost in Durrington on Sunday, I've lived in Worthing for fourth four years :ffsparr:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to add a point when in Storrington head in the direction towards Pulborough and the Tesco at the garage will come up in front of you just go to the left of it. Job done. Hope all goes well at St Richards with wife.

bognor gull

Feb 1, 2012
sunny bognor
Bognor to Chichester at that time of day, I'd leave at 7.30 & no later. It doesn't really matter what route you take, personally you'd be best to simply follow the A27 & don't panic if your a few minutes late. St Richards are used to late early morning arrivals.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

This is right, I live in Arundel and always go East this way. Only other option is to leave VERY early. When arriving at St Richard's, if early, sit in the McDonalds at the Chi roundabout as hospital parking can be a little expensive.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Many thanks for all the advice, I'll let you know how I got on when/if I ever get there and back!!

:thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Decided to tale a chance and use the A27, left at 07: 00 got to St Richards 07:35 straight through with only a 3 min delay at Arundel, result!
Wife ok, had a stone removed that was blocking her bile duct.

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here