Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Form for last 1 1/3 seasons.

larus

P W D L GF GA GD PT
46 24 17 5 72 42 30 89
15 9 4 2 23 09 14 31
61 33 21 7 95 51 44 120

Pretty impressive stats since the start of last year, and what's noticeable is we're actually improved in :
Win % (mainly draws converted to wins).
GA.

GF & L% roughly the same.

Does this 'prove' that the defence is what cost us automatic last year?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Let's hope the 2nd third this time is better than last. Attack or defence, that was our undoing I think. Injuries to a minimum and consistency. Easier said than done!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
P W D L GF GA GD PT
46 24 17 5 72 42 30 89
15 9 4 2 23 09 14 31
61 33 21 7 95 51 44 120

Pretty impressive stats since the start of last year, and what's noticeable is we're actually improved in :
Win % (mainly draws converted to wins).
GA.

GF & L% roughly the same.

Does this 'prove' that the defence is what cost us automatic last year?

We missed out by one goal, either we scored one more or conceded one less!!!!

el punal

Analysing the results this season, it's noticeable how fair the outcome has been. (In my view!). Our two defeats, Newcastle and Brentford, we were second best. Our wins have defininetly been deserved, some convincing, others hanging on at the end - same old! The draws, in the main, were also fair results, apart from the Preston game which we dominated and then gave away 2 points at the death.

So all in all I don't think, so far anyway, we have any cause for regret over what might or might not have been.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Analysing the results this season, it's noticeable how fair the outcome has been. (In my view!). Our two defeats, Newcastle and Brentford, we were second best. Our wins have defininetly been deserved, some convincing, others hanging on at the end - same old! The draws, in the main, were also fair results, apart from the Preston game which we dominated and then gave away 2 points at the death.

So all in all I don't think, so far anyway, we have any cause for regret over what might or might not have been.
Brentford was a rare dire performance and the best team won....newcastle was a strange game as thought both sides were average and we did have 10 men for virtually the whole second half remember.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Pretty much agree with that. Preston is the only result I am still festering over. It was so unnecessary. Careless and unprofessional. The rest....pretty fair.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Pretty much agree with that. Preston is the only result I am still festering over. It was so unnecessary. Careless and unprofessional. The rest....pretty fair.
Disagree. Preston brought on a 6'7" freak and got lucky. It was incredibly frustrating but we shouldn't beat ourselves up about that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Disagree. Preston brought on a 6'7" freak and got lucky. It was incredibly frustrating but we shouldn't beat ourselves up about that.

Preston were absolutely dire. We gifted them a point it's as simple as that

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As Stalin said there are Lies, damned lies, and statistics:moo:

The term was popularised in United States by Mark Twain (among others), who attributed it to the British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
But Stalin was quoted as having said "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You can argue that Preston 'got lucky' - their performance certainly didn't warrant a point. However, to argue that the Albion were 'unlucky' would be disingenuous. There was nothing unlucky about the concession of that late goal. It was purely and simply down to poor decision making, and carelessness in possession.

larus

We missed out by one goal, either we scored one more or conceded one less!!!!

Of course that's true, but bearing in mind we conceded more than the other teams who were promoted, and scored the same as Burnley and more than he others, I'd say that the problem was more that we didn't hold on to leads.

Again, just an opinion, but as no-one scored more than us, I'd say that is a truer reflection.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I agree to a point but I would say the first goal was completely avoidable and, if we'd not conceded that, we would probably have won the game 2-0 or 3-0. Having said all that, Preston have since beaten Huddersfield home and Norwich away (and were very unlucky not to get something from Newcastle apparently).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here