Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

Do you think we'll sign a forward in the January transfer window?

• Yes

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes and early on too, what with 4 potentially crucial games from the middle of the month.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While I think we need cover up front I just don't want us to sign one for the sake of it. Therefore I think we won't sign a striker as most clubs will be reluctant to sell top players mid term.

Maybe a loan striker but the likelihood would be a young inexperienced player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No I dont as I think they will consider we are covered with the 3 we have . My bigger concern is that Newcastle sell Lascelles to Chelsea for the reputed £18m and they then spend the money on Dunk and Knockhaert with TB cashing in having Goldson and March as replacements. But I do really hope not.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes but no idea who.

I know Leo is "the same" as Murray and Hemed, but I'd still like him back on loan !

:albion2:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yes, I was hoping for an Ings type of player. Fast goalscorer who isnt having much game time

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I think if they can land one they really want then yes.

Despite having another excellent first 1/3 of the season, an injury or suspension to any of our three strikers will cost us and would still maintain that we need another striker if we are to compete at the top of this league.

Having said all that, I think our recruitment team are thankfully pretty savvy.

Unlike Derby who bought anybody and everybody but have still only managed 9 so far this season. Murray has got that many on his own!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's like the defensive situation we had in the summer. We have 3 very capable strikers who can do the business, but it would be good to have some cover.

In the summer, we had 3 very capable centre backs, and we thought some cover would be a good move. Instead of just cover, we brought in our record signing, and from what I've seen on here, it was a great decision.

So bring in another premium quality striker (if we can find one), and if the gamble pays off we're laughing. From what I've seen on the highlights, Murray looks like a proper f****** striker that can put the ball in the net (his goal against Preston was absolute class) but if anything happens to him, we're looking short up top.

Bring one in, and play him alongside Murray and hopefully watch the magic happen.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
No I dont as I think they will consider we are covered with the 3 we have . My bigger concern is that Newcastle sell Lascelles to Chelsea for the reputed £18m and they then spend the money on Dunk and Knockhaert with TB cashing in having Goldson and March as replacements. But I do really hope not.

Think you can sleep easy [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] as the likelihood of that happening is virtually 0. Given how the club acted in the summer window and with us still being promotion candidates then, why would the club weaken itself by selling two vital players? Also why would those players want to move then? If there are any players leaving it's likely to not be until next summer.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

They already had the money in the summer and were told where to go.

You actually think TB would sell in January at any price.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We don't really have a striker who can put in a shift like Baldock and we don't have a striker who can bully defenders like Murray.

I think there's an argument for selling Hemed while his stock is still relatively high, getting rid of Manu and bringing two strikers in, maybe one on loan and one a big money signing. Hemed is OK but doesn't actually fit our system any more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think you can sleep easy [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] as the likelihood of that happening is virtually 0. Given how the club acted in the summer window and with us still being promotion candidates then, why would the club weaken itself by selling two vital players? Also why would those players want to move then? If there are any players leaving it's likely to not be until next summer.

I hope that you are correct and Newcatle dont offer a fee that we cannot afford to refuse.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hopefully we will sign a striker in the next transfer window.
Damn sure that Albions official eyes that may allegedly view this forum for any tit bits, are probably sick of seeing, "when will be getting a new striker."
Hopefully the penney might have dropped for them :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here