Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If The Reverse Had Happened

el punal

Now the euphoria of our annihilation of Norwich is starting to subside, a hypothetical question. How would you have reacted to Chris Hughton and the players had we been on the end of a 5-0 stuffing on Saturday?

I have been reading the Norwich City forums with almost schadenfreud pleasure at the complete meltdown concerning who takes the blame. The answer is everyone, from the board to Alex Neil, to the captain, Russell Martin, to all the players, collectively and individually it seems.

I just wonder if our fans would have reacted the same, or put it down as just a bad day at the office.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Are we talking Carrow Road? Or Amex? does make a difference to me any way..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It generally takes us about 2-3 months to concede 5 goals, so I can't even get myself in the frame of mind.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Now the euphoria of our annihilation of Norwich is starting to subside, a hypothetical question. How would you have reacted to Chris Hughton and the players had we been on the end of a 5-0 stuffing on Saturday?

I have been reading the Norwich City forums with almost schadenfreud pleasure at the complete meltdown concerning who takes the blame. The answer is everyone, from the board to Alex Neil, to the captain, Russell Martin, to all the players, collectively and individually it seems.

I just wonder if our fans would have reacted the same, or put it down as just a bad day at the office.

We lost 3-0 at home to Boro last season, went on a bit of a downer, but then came fighting back, albeit missing out just.
Bad day at the office :cheers:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We lost 3-0 at home to Boro last season, went on a bit of a downer, but then came fighting back, albeit missing out just.

Our promotion rivals in 2012/13 thumped us 3-0 in December, surprisingly lost 3-0 in the return fixture yet still had the last laugh. This story still has plenty of time left to run.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We would be in meltdown. A lose by a goal and we would've put it down to being unlucky or simply a bad day, but to lose by 5 is woeful especially for a team who consider themselves to be a promotion contender

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

And then getting clobbered by Cardiff 4 - 1 was just the tonic - it was all upwards after that I recall. But we had (still have) a team of character. Norwich seem to be having a major crisis of confidence at the moment and it will be interesting to see him they react. Poorly, one hopes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Good question - and glad you got some OK discussion in response. I asked the same question on Sunday, and all I got was numpties replying along the lines of, 'Well, we didn't lose, so why are you asking?' :facepalm:
For what it's worth, if we'd been thrashed 5-0, I think it would have been a total meltdown on NSC!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not quite a reverse because in 7 days Nowich lost another League game, & got knocked out of the cup, as well as our drubbing.

This place would be in meltdown.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Meltdown, we're a fickle bunch us football fans.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We would be in meltdown. A lose by a goal and we would've put it down to being unlucky or simply a bad day, but to lose by 5 is woeful especially for a team who consider themselves to be a promotion contender

To be fair, there seems to be a bit of a meltdown on here if we don't win, the recent Preston game being an obvious example, so a 5-0 defeat would be like the end of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here