Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester City v Barcelona - modern football NONSENSE

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kevin De Bruyne curls in a beauty from a free-kick, which SHOULD have sent the fans behind the goal absolutely bat-shit mental.

No

Most of them were too busy filming it on their phones.

What a load of old shit.
Customers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This game is absolutely EPIC though. Top, top entertainment.

I have turkish commentary and they're going batshit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the first time ever I'm conflicted by this.
My latest NSC brag is how well placed I am for the second half AK master classes.

Being able to film the game, on my phone speaks to everything that is fundamentally wrong with the 21st century :lol:.
But it's bloody tough not to join in.

So far I've resisted but I'm still gutted to not have captured a particular batshite crazy celebration, earlier in the season.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This game is absolutely EPIC though. Top, top entertainment.

I have turkish commentary and they're going batshit.

Exactly - all the more reason for the people who are ACTUALLY THERE, to put their phones away and take it all in.

I'm watching on my PHONE, via the 'free BT Sport app for EE Customers deal'

Marvellous

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Exactly - all the more reason for the people who are ACTUALLY THERE, to put their phones away and take it all in.

Marvellous

Agreed. So many people seem keener to CAPTURE the moment these days than to EXPERIENCE it.

Tourists.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Cracking game. The most I've enjoyed a non Albion game in ages.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Marvellous
Do you have an Android phone and Chromecast? Ee annoyingly block one from casting straight from the app but you can successfully mirror the screen to a TV. It works well if you have a good connection.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm pretty sure the bloke 10 rows back in the middle of the goal was not the season ticket holder for that seat......

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Agreed. So many people seem keener to CAPTURE the moment these days than to EXPERIENCE it.

Tourists.

Couldn't agree more. What happened to living for the moment? Facebook seems to always have pictures from nights out. It's like a competition. I'm sure a lot more of us in our thirties or even forties have pulled some beautiful girls, got more smashed on better quality MDMA, experienced some incredible or hostile football grounds, or been to glorious countries with only a trusty camera for holiday pics.

Knocked Facebook completely on the head and I'm now officially a miserable git. :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Tourists.

People have been doing this at gigs for far too long now, and it's obviously worming its way into football (although I haven't seen it in WSU).

And you're right, that was a simply brilliant game of football. The intensity of the game, especially the pressing was awesome.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Trust Barca to ruin my accumulator. :shootself

Paris St Germain got me out of jail big time. Really thought they'd blown it when Basel levelled late on. I know it's aftertiming but I put up a 4/1 pre-match bet yesterday with no mention so swings and roundabouts, Ernest. :D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Marvellous

I WAS there and it was £50 for a ticket, £11 for burger, chips & a coke, 45 minutes of WHINGING from two blokes in front of me who walked out after 40 minutes because Citeh 'don't get it forward quickly enough'. Loads left with 5 minutes to go which shows that it's not just Albion fans who will prefer to get home instead of see a famous result. #Emptihad

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I bet Leicester fans won't take it all for granted when they get their first true massive game in the competition.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here