Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL & Sky to annouce January's televised games on Friday

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
LIVEEFL.jpg

Annouced on Friday at 10:00.

I hope they don't piss about with Fulham away on the 2nd, it seems like they've already announced Blackburn Vs Newcastle to be shown live that day from the last batch so in theory it should stay where it is (cue an evening kick off move!).

What do we reckon? How many?

Fulham Away (Mon 2nd / 15:00)
Preston Away (Sat 14th / 15:00)
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: Home (Sat 21st / 15:00)
Newcastle Home (Sat 28th / 15:00)
Huddesfield Away (Tues 31st / 19:45)

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Newcastle at home likely to be moved anyway as it's FA cup 4th round weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
View attachment 79107

Annouced on Friday at 10:00.

I hope they don't piss about with Fulham away on the 2nd, it seems like they've already announced Blackburn Vs Newcastle to be shown live that day from the last batch so in theory it should stay where it is (cue an evening kick off move!).

What do we reckon? How many?

Fulham Away (Mon 2nd / 15:00)
Preston Away (Sat 14th / 15:00)
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: Home (Sat 21st / 15:00)
Newcastle Home (Sat 28th / 15:00)
Huddesfield Away (Tues 31st / 19:45)

Sheffield Wednesday and/or Newcastle.

Though Newcastle is on FA Cup 4th round day, so unlikely to be played that weekend anyway.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I get the feeling the Fulham game on the 26th will be the last time we play at home at 1500 on a Saturday for quite a while....................:annoyed:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Massive at home must be odds on for Sky.

Newcastle is FA Cup 4 weekend, so I doubt Sky will be fixing up league coverage, but of course if either Newcastle or Albion win round 3 then it's moved anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't know what's more disappointing, the moved games or our CEOs support for it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I hope the Preston game's not moved - I earmarked that one for my one away game of the season. If I have to choose another Saturday, it will mean no new ground

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My guesses...

Fulham will be moved to earlier/later same day.

Newcastle will be moved to Sunday lunch (subject to FA Cup).

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Having missed out on showing the Norwich game they will not pass up the Newcastle game.
Sky will choose and state subject to change.
London games on bank holidays are normally early kick off so would not be surprised if this is moved to midday (Fulham).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All other than Huddersfield, on the basis that Sky will dictate when the Newcastle game is played after both teams are out of the FA Cup anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The odds of both Newcastle AND the Albion, both going out of the FA Cup in round 3 are slim. Very little chance of that game being on the 28th - which in a way is a GOOD thing, as now Sky can show it on the new date, without messing up the fixture just for the sake of it (ie better they show one that will get moved anyway!)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have work in Liverpool the day before Preston and hope they don't change that. Especially to the Friday night !!
I've tempted fate now right ....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The odds of both Newcastle AND the Albion, both going out of the FA Cup in round 3 are slim. Very little chance of that game being on the 28th - which in a way is a GOOD thing, as now Sky can show it on the new date, without messing up the fixture just for the sake of it (ie better they show one that will get moved anyway!)

If the new date is midweek and Champions League is on then I thought it cannot be live ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

What's happened in the past for this stuff though? Presumably Sky do still pick a game/some games for that weekend and then have to make adjustments nearer the time based on who does and doesn't progress in the Cup.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the new date is midweek and Champions League is on then I thought it cannot be live ?

That is true. Presumably though, if Sky want to show it, they'll have some influence over the new date.

What's happened in the past for this stuff though? Presumably Sky do still pick a game/some games for that weekend and then have to make adjustments nearer the time based on who does and doesn't progress in the Cup.

I guess they do. My point is simply that, when Sky announce that this game has been picked, there should be no reason for the usual (quite justified) wailing about it, as with or without Sky, the original date is (almost certainly) going to be changed anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here