Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To lose GM once may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose him twice looks like carelessness

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the definitive answer some say he can be recalled in January but unlikely others say he cant irrespective. If he can there is always a chance of a club trying to buy him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't bother Thunderbolt, there are some people who go to football, and only watch the football.
Then, there are those of us , who go to the football and watch the whole game, the runs off the ball, the pulling defenders out of position, the amazing work they put in for the benefit of the team.
I would think that's why some appreciate Baldock, and some don't.

Quite. Baldock strikes me as a very intelligent footballer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is the definitive answer some say he can be recalled in January but unlikely others say he cant irrespective. If he can there is always a chance of a club trying to buy him.

Recalled by Bournemouth - probably.

Registered to a third (English) club, this season - I don't believe so.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
With regards to the actual thread, I hope we do sign Murray on a permanent deal next year, but not at a stupid price. Simply because he hasn't got too many good years left in him. I'd happily pay around the £3-4m mark though.

Regarding the Hemed/Baldock saga, I can't quite believe what I just read. As it's been pointed out, we failed to get promoted due to conceding too many goals. We were joint top scorers in the league, but didn't have a great goal difference due to being weak in defence, even during the four month unbeaten run. I agree that Baldock could've done with scoring a few more goals, but he was often played out wide and worked very hard on and off the ball, which resulting in numerous other players scoring.

Skalak is an attacking player, although not a striker, but hasn't scored very often. Yet he's directly been involved with numerous goals, making him a useful member of the squad. You could just as easily blame last season on players like Lewis Dunk for making one too many defensive errors and picking up needless red cards. At the end of the day, we didn't get promoted because we either scored one goal too little or let in one too many. You can't pinpoint the blame on any one player.

Hemed scored 17 goals in his first season, which is a reasonable return. If we'd have got promoted last year, you'd be praising him for scoring 17 goals in his first season in English football.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Barnes would score a hatful with the service he'd get from Knocky and Skalak

Thata the funniest thing I have heard for months.... even with that service, he would waste the vast majority of the chances.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They can recall him during the January window.

Doesn't that depend on whether there was a recall clause in the original loan deal?

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

53.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#TvYLojbF2boMeVpr.99

Do we know if there is one or not?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The simple answer is to buy him in January as a sound investment for promotion and then compete for a place with another in the Premier and anything under £5m is good value taking into account Villa paid £11m+ for both MacCormack and Kodjia. Then again it is not my money being spent.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Isn't Murray's a season long loan in which case he cannot be recalled.

Another aspect of the first half of the season last year that we'd do well to remember is that, due to going virtually half the season unbeaten, we largely played not to lose, with the monkey on our back that went with it. Ergo, Hemed et al weren't exactly being supplied with the chances we're having this year. May be a strange thing to say, but losing at home to Brentford could be one of the best things to happen to us perversely.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Correct - he can be recalled in the January window.

There is next to no chance he will be though, and a happy, scoring Glenn Murray he would not be.

Is the correct answer. Bournemouth have got a fair old number of strikers (Lewis Grabban, anyone?), and Glenn is obviously even further down the pecking order, so there's little chance of a recall. We're in a good position on the Murray front, and can see us signing him in the summer. What role he has next season will be entirely dependent on what league we're in.
What we need to do is to find that striker in January who not only helps with the push for promotion, but also will be able to play regularly in the PL. None of the strikers we currently have on our books are up to starting regularly, at the very least.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another aspect of the first half of the season last year that we'd do well to remember is that, due to going virtually half the season unbeaten, we largely played not to lose, with the monkey on our back that went with it. Ergo, Hemed et al weren't exactly being supplied with the chances we're having this year. May be a strange thing to say, but losing at home to Brentford could be one of the best things to happen to us perversely.

Couldn't we have just lost to Newcastle, to lose that monkey?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
6.6.3 Long Term Loan Transfers –
Clubs may have up to a maximum of six (6) Long Term
Loan Transfers of any age during a Playing Season.
Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date prior to 31st August to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date between 1st and 31st January (the January transfer window) to the end of the Playing Season.
A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registered contract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season. Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission from the Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short Term Loan Transfers.
To extend the period of any long term loan transfer a further National League System Temporary Transfer Form or FA form H3 must be completed and copies sent as directed above. The Competition shall not approve more than two (2) Long Term Loan transfers to or from any one club, including Premier League and Football League Clubs, at any one time.

This is from

www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/...docs/.../038_standardised-rules.ashx

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
6.6.3 Long Term Loan Transfers –
Clubs may have up to a maximum of six (6) Long Term
Loan Transfers of any age during a Playing Season.
Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date prior to 31st August to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date between 1st and 31st January (the January transfer window) to the end of the Playing Season.
A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registered contract A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season. Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission from the Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short Term Loan Transfers.
To extend the period of any long term loan transfer a further National League System Temporary Transfer Form or FA form H3 must be completed and copies sent as directed above. The Competition shall not approve more than two (2) Long Term Loan transfers to or from any one club, including Premier League and Football League Clubs, at any one time.

This is from

www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/...docs/.../038_standardised-rules.ashx

Highlighted in bold.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
acually, doesnt he have a record of being poor the season after signing?

Not for us, he certainly doesn't. He scored at a rate of 1 in 2 every season he was here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Correct - he can be recalled in the January window.

Can he though? Reading and interpreting the rules - http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx - isn't easy, and I'm no lawyer, but when you get to 53.1.2 it mentions recall clauses in the loan agreement. It would appear that if there is a recall clause, B'muff can haul him back in January; if not, then it must be mutually agreed, in writing, by us, them and Murray himself.
I imagine that whether or not to include a recall clause would have been part of the negotiations - we'd probably have to pay more for a loan without a recall clause. So, does anybody actually know if the deal that was signed actually included a recall clause, or not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If were not in the Championship next season, and keep Murray, he'll be bloody handy the season after.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here