Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To lose GM once may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose him twice looks like carelessness

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Glenn Murray is patently seriously happy in his skin, both on and off the pitch.

On the pitch, he's getting unparalleled service at this level and playing with a smile on his face which he never did before.

Off the pitch, he can stand in his garden and listen to Brian Wilson playing live across Preston Park. He can also walk his nipper round the corner to nursery in flip-flops and shorts.

He'll patently never achieve a better work/life balance for the remainder of his career than he's got currently.

Barring injury or multiple suspensions, he'll be weighing in at 25 goals or more this season, more than the rest of our so-called strikers put together.

His parent club will doubtless want a super-inflated sum to let him go.

But it's a price well worth paying. IMHO, like.

Just need Ashley Barnes back to partner him now and it's back to business as usual...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just need Ashley Barnes back to partner him now and it's back to business as usual...

Barnes would score a hatful with the service he'd get from Knocky and Skalak

I don't think it would take a super-inflated sum to get Murray - wouldn't he be in the last year of his contract next year?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You mean MORE play-off disappointment?

You mean the Ashley Barnes who came on as sub as the Amex v CP and came THAT close to changing the course of Albion history twice in the course of his first minute on the pitch? Which was double what the rest of the team had been able to muster for the first hour and a bit.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Barnes would score a hatful with the service he'd get from Knocky and Skalak

I don't think it would take a super-inflated sum to get Murray - wouldn't he be in the last year of his contract next year?

That, plus the fact that he's 34 next season, so worth £3m at most

But we can't expect anything from Smug Eddie....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Glenn Murray is patently seriously happy in his skin, both on and off the pitch.

On the pitch, he's getting unparalleled service at this level and playing with a smile on his face which he never did before.

Off the pitch, he can stand in his garden and listen to Brian Wilson playing live across Preston Park. He can also walk his nipper round the corner to nursery in flip-flops and shorts.

He'll patently never achieve a better work/life balance for the remainder of his career than he's got currently.

Barring injury or multiple suspensions, he'll be weighing in at 25 goals or more this season, more than the rest of our so-called strikers put together.

But it's a price well worth paying. IMHO, like.

Why the need to slag off the other strikers (you know who play for team you support)? Hemed got 17 goals last year in his first season in English football. Not a bad return and has been a little unlucky with an injury/the form of Murray keeping him out of the team. Baldock is on a good run at the moment. Agreed that Murray is on great form (although only at home as he's not scored away yet) but it is ridiculous that people feel the need to slag off other players in the process.

As for signing him permanently, he is 33 now and the club definitely shouldn't take the attitude you are. If Bournemouth want a vastly inflated price, then we should say no. If they want a realistic price and Murray is reasonable about wages, then yes we should sign him. The club should not be held to ransom by anyone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

last year of contract and knocking on 34, doubt it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ugh you can see it now. We offer Glenn a pathetic contract again and off he goes back to Bournemouth.

He belongs here. Please make it happen BHA.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why the need to slag off the other strikers (you know who play for team you support)? Hemed got 17 goals last year in his first season in English football. Not a bad return and has been a little unlucky with an injury/the form of Murray keeping him out of the team. Baldock is on a good run at the moment.

We've been through all this before. But to recap for the hard of thinking...

What did Hemed do for the first half of last season?

What did Baldock do for the whole of last season?

Bearing in mind we missed out on promotion by the slimmest of goal margins due to misfiring 'strikers', I'll take your nagging as worthless happy-clapping. My bad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bearing in mind we missed out on promotion by the slimmest of goal margins due to misfiring 'strikers', I'll take your nagging as worthless happy-clapping. My bad.

I'll say this again. We scored more goals than Middlesbrough or Hull. We scored the same amount of goals as Burnley. We conceded more goals than either Burnley or Boro, so the failure to get promoted was NOT down to how many goals were scored, but the defence!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

So you decide to respond with abuse. Clever. I stand by my comment. There seems to be a need by some on here when praising a player to criticise the others. Hemed got 17 goals last season. He was about fourth or fifth in the top scorers list (behind mainly strikers who cost 5 to 10 times what he cost). Sorry if that makes me 'hard of thinking'.

As for missing out on promotion, as others have said we were joint top scorers in the end and it was defence where we lost out to Burnley and Middlesbrough. We've sorted that out now hopefully.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

kept us in the top two and kept us in the top two then the playoffs. you might like to blame goal difference, this ignores the poor December/January patch where we lost 4 games, including the 0-2 at then relegation bound Rotherham.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he's brilliant but can't seem him being our main striker next year, if we were promoted.

I'd definitely still want him around as a last 20 mins striker behind a new signing, I think that would suit him just fine.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll say this again. We scored more goals than Middlesbrough or Hull. We scored the same amount of goals as Burnley. We conceded more goals than either Burnley or Boro, so the failure to get promoted was NOT down to how many goals were scored, but the defence!!

You can say it as often as you like, and still be wrong. Fact is, we had one of our main strikers who went a third of a season without scoring and the other main 'striker' who contributed the number of goals all season you could count on one hand - and not even a NORWICH hand at that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I wouldn't bother Thunderbolt, there are some people who go to football, and only watch the football.
Then, there are those of us , who go to the football and watch the whole game, the runs off the ball, the pulling defenders out of position, the amazing work they put in for the benefit of the team.
I would think that's why some appreciate Baldock, and some don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here