Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
... is much more straightforward and flexible than most people are aware.

You DO NOT HAVE TO PHYSICALLY GIVE YOUR SEASON TICKET CARD TO ANYONE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO (OR IF IT IS EASIER NOT TO).

You can simply contact the club and ask them to e-mail you a Print At Home ticket for your seat which you can then e-mail on to the person who will be using your spare seat.

No posting season ticket cards back and forth. No meeting outside the ground when it may not be convenient.

This service costs the princely sum of £1.50.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's very useful to know! Thanks. Can you make that request by email? Sometimes the wait on the phone is long and that will probably more than double the £1.50 as their phone line is premium.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I presume you can only do this a certain number of times a season? Otherwise I'm fairly sure they'd take a dim view of someone doing that nearly every game for obvious reasons.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is that true? It sounds too easy. I presume someone at the club has to physically type in your details, send an email, cancel the ST for that game and talk to you. £25 fee minimum I'd have thought.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Once everyone starts doing this they'll slap a higher charge on it, or just stop this process.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Someone on this thread doesn't think it's true:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?t=344626

'According to Paul Barber this is illegal, and anybody found doing so will receive a lifetime stadium ban, and potential legal charges.'
I think there is a difference between the hardest line legally available to the club (i.e. "season tickets are not transferrable") and their practice in how they treat people occasionally passing on a spare ticket.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thanks. This info is useful to me as I was recently unwell and twice passed my ticket onto a friend.
I haven't done it myself yet but it was flagged in the other thread and sounds perfectly feasible. Good luck.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Yes it's true, I posted it on the empty seats thread yesterday. I knew before I got my season ticket that I can't make every home game and spoke to the club about this who confirmed it's not an issue and there was a small admin fee.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Call me INSANELY naive but surely the club would encourage this, as effectively they're getting an extra £1.50 for the sale of that ticket. 1 person is paying (+ £1.50), and 1 person is going to the game. In now way are the club being screwed over here.

The season ticket holder has paid for entrance to every game - as long as it's not the child ticket being used by adults issue I really can't see any problem with this from either side.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Call me INSANELY naive but surely the club would encourage this, as effectively they're getting an extra £1.50 for the sale of that ticket. 1 person is paying (+ £1.50), and 1 person is going to the game. In no way are the club being screwed over here.
Quite.

It also, crucially, makes purchasing/renewing a ST much more attractive to anyone in two minds because they know they will miss a few games.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Worth mentioning that if your season ticket is a concessionary and an adult is going to use the seat it needs to be upgraded. Did it for my daughter's ticket on Saturday and it's easy to do by phoning the ticket line. Cost £25 to upgrade to an adult seat though.

Adult to adult though is fine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Call me INSANELY naive but surely the club would encourage this, as effectively they're getting an extra £1.50 for the sale of that ticket. 1 person is paying (+ £1.50), and 1 person is going to the game. In now way are the club being screwed over here.

The season ticket holder has paid for entrance to every game - as long as it's not the child ticket being used by adults issue I really can't see any problem with this from either side.

The 'issue' if you choose to see it as one (I don't personally) is that the non-season ticket holder is getting a ticket for the pro-rata ST price, plus £1.50, which is still a fair bit lower than the one-off match ticket price.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Or they could see it as - 1 person has paid for a ticket but cannot go. 1 person wants to go but doesn't have a ticket. Why would they want to encourage a cheap transfer of £1.50 instead of getting a full price ticket.

I imagine this print at home thing will work a few times but any more than that and they'll start doing something about it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quite.

It also, crucially, makes purchasing/renewing a ST much more attractive to anyone in two minds because they know they will miss a few games.

AND is more likely to attract new customers (friends aren't necessarily die hard Albion fans (yet)) who frankly would be reticent to pay full price initially.

It's WIN-WIN-WIN.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or they could see it as - 1 person has paid for a ticket but cannot go. 1 person wants to go but doesn't have a ticket. Why would they want to encourage a cheap transfer of £1.50 instead of getting a full price ticket.

I imagine this print at home thing will work a few times but any more than that and they'll start doing something about it.

But that ticket has been paid for. It shouldn't matter a bit who actually fills the seat - the club have received their money for the seat.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The 'issue' if you choose to see it as one (I don't personally) is that the non-season ticket holder is getting a ticket for the pro-rata ST price, plus £1.50, which is still a fair bit lower than the one-off match ticket price.

That's up to the season ticket holder though, non?

(I get your point, and I am partially playing devils advocate...)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
But that ticket has been paid for. It shouldn't matter a bit who actually fills the seat - the club have received their money for the seat.

Agreed - but the same could be said in relation to the upgrades policy we have in place. The club is looking to maximise income. This particular policy doesn't do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here